Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cripso
Newcomer

New 'driver' not working

Hi,

Let me express my dissatisfaction about your new driver. After installing your 2020 pc breaker that you call a driver, my pc is constantly crashing,i'm getting black screens but can still hear the audio (most of the time), some other bugs happened such as my game continuing to work, but my keyboard/mouse inputs were just disabled.

CTRL+WIN+SHIFT+B isn't fixing anything, and still i would not consider it a fix. Everything was working correctly with crimson, but this new driver is just a complete mess... All games take longer to launch, have more bugs, and i this is when i'm not crashing

My pc :

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Sapphire R9 280 DualX
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop, self build
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Latest driver (2020 thing)
  • Display Devices
    • BenQ XL2411 1920x1080, 144Hz
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z170-Gaming K3 - BIOS F2

• CPU/APU
    • Intel i5 6600k
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • FSP Fortron Raider 750S, 750W, 80+ Silver
  • RAM
    • 8GB

I am clearly not planning to buy products from AMD anymore, as long as your products will have so many bugs, because it was the same at crimson's launch. Beta launches arent for fun, so many ppl are getting issues, that is clearly not normal.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Those are listed as fixed issues in 20.1.3

cripso
Newcomer

Tried again the latest version, got the problem even worse. I couldn't start my pc anymore, windows repair mode wasn't enough, and i had to uninstall amd drivers through the amd utility in safe mode. I've tried downgrading to some older drivers, staying on the latest, nothing works well. I previously was using crimson with no issues i think.

At my current state, my pc has some weird bars across the screen, and all my graphics are awful (see screenshot)

IMG_1220.jpg

What can I do to get my pc to work, i don't care about using old drivers as long as it works... This is the worst update i've ever seen on any device.

0 Likes

If a clean installation of old, previous to 2020 drivers (Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers not the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility), that you stated was working, continues to show the same issues, then it's not the drivers. Pictures like that make me think of hardware failure or faulty overclocking, and other threads have mentioned that Adrenaline 2020 messes with the voltage/frequency tables, which can cause issues like this. If a true clean installation of previous working drivers solves the issue, then that's what it was.

For reference, I still use 19.4.3, as Fiji has not received any performance update in years, same with your Sea Islands 280X.

0 Likes

After downgrading to the oldest drivers available, I nearly have no issues, except a few crashes.

I noticed that theses crashes happen mostly on GPU demanding games, it happened on GTA V, but never had any issues on CSGO for example.

For the voltage/frequency part, I never changed anything, so don't really know how to check it, and what freq/volt i should be using.

0 Likes
whootsinator
Newcomer

After installing your 2020 pc breaker that you call a driver, my pc is constantly crashing,i'm getting black screens but can still hear the audio (most of the time), some other bugs happened such as my game continuing to work, but my keyboard/mouse inputs were just disabled.

I had a similar problem, or the same problem, after installing Adrenalin 2020. When I tried to play Modern Warfare the game would visually freeze after about two seconds but sound continued. The game was running, and accepting mouse/keyboard input, it was just not showing that visually.

0 Likes

After downgrading I don't have these issues anymore, this was clearly a bug coming with Adrenalin 2020.

0 Likes