cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dlewis1000
Journeyman III

New build freezing after running game

I just built a new PC over this last weekend. Since I powered it up I've had some issues with it freezing. It seems to lock up completely whenever I shut down a game or sometimes when working in the armoury crate application. It is every time after shutting down a game though. Sometimes almost instantly and sometimes a minute or two later. All of the motherboard controlled RGB also freezes. I'm new to computer builds and really don't know where to start. I manually checked all of my drivers after running driver easy. Someone help!

Ryzen 7 3700x

Radeon rx 5700 xt red devil

tuf gaming x570-plus (wi-fi)

32gb RAM

Asus water cooler

650 watt 

0 Likes
4 Replies
curse127
Adept III

Have you overclocked RAM? CPU?

0 Likes

It is all stock parts from microcenter. I haven't altered anything. The first time I remember having the issue was during the first time I used the armoury crate

0 Likes

Did you try 20.5.1?

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Did you update the mobo BIOS? Did you choose a XMP profile for RAMs? Have you installed the RAMs in the correct slots so that they run dual-mode? I think ask for help from a friend who knows how to build, install and update the computers. Or if there is support, contact the store and ask for help. In short, there is probably a problem with the motherboard (or RAM).

0 Likes