Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ariantus
Journeyman III

New AMD Ryzen 3600 build having BSODs

Hello AMD community! 

This is my first Ryzen build and it has not been the most ideal experience to say the least. I've been building computers for 20 years and have only had a handful of blue screens throughout that time. I'd just like to get a little help as I've been getting consistent BSODs from the start and cannot seem to lock down why.

Minidump

1. Reinstalled clean windows
  2. Reinstalled/updated drivers
  3. Ran CHKDSK
  4. Ran SFC integrity scan
  5. Ran both Windows and memtest86 with no errors - 10 hours total
  6. Turned off the auto-overclock setting in Bios
  7. I've tried both XMP enabled and disabled
  8. Updated Aorus X570 Elite (not wifi version) bios to F30 
  9. Posted minidumps on Microsoft Community forums - they haven't been able to determine a direct cause
  10. Removed Logitech drivers entirely - this has reduced the BSODs a bit actually
  11. Set virtual paging file on AUTO
  12. Used Driver Verifier and caught nothing specifically causing issues
  13. Adjusted the power settings to the AMD Ryzen balanced from AMD Ryzen High Performance
  14. Ran Prime95 and get fatal error: rounding was 0.5 expected less than 0.4 and fatal error resulting sum 1473841469040359

The errors I keep seeing:

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5780)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x9, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80658683145)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5780)
Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0x7FFEDDBCC074, 0x0, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF890900CA0B80)
Error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

0 Likes
1 Reply