Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KondorsLV
Journeyman III

New 6700xt nitro+ stutters in youtube and some games

Hello,

Just upgraded from my old R9 fury and bought a completely new 6700xt nitro+ from sapphire, it's been running most of the newest games without a hitch. For example RDR2, Horizon zero dawn, Ghostrunner run perfectly smooth. The problem is youtube, while 4k60 video ran completely fine on my old Fury, it has extreme stutters on the new 6700xt and 8k60 drops basically 100% of all frames. Also fortnite has extreme stutters and Assassins creed 4 black flag doesn't load at all and results in a driver timeout. It's not a huge issue as 1440p60 is enough for youtube, just wondering if this is a common issue or i should RMA my card?

Full system specs:

Ryzen 3600

Gigabyte B450i aorus wifi

16gb corsair vengeance 3200mhz

Seasonic Focus Gold 850w

Adata SXP8200 1tb NVMe

Also fresh installed windows twice, tried DDU on drivers aswell, tried blocking windows from installing the generic drivers aswell as tried installing chipset before graphics drivers, none of these solve the issues.

Sincerely, Gustavs.

0 Likes
6 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

I have an RX 6700 XT and use driver 22.3.1 and have zero problems..

The reason I haven't upgraded yet.. Not sure if the new ones would crash games too..

If you have any software to change settings on the GPU it could be that causing stutters..

I had Asus GPU Tweak and when removed stutters stopped.. I had A sapphire RX580 and Trixx played havoc until removed.. 

This is from the driver notes if you have newer ones: 

• Display may flicker black during video playback plus gameplay on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

I have trixx installed aswell, not sure if that would cause these issues tho, it's only functionality is basically changing the led color and trixx boost, which I don't use anyways. It is interesting tho, tried 4k60 playback with the generic windows driver and it was perfectly smooth. Maybe I'll try downgrading to 22.3.1.

0 Likes

As I said, my 6700 has no problems with 22.3.1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Maybe hardware acceleration is disabled in the browser? And about the games, try to find the file with the settings of the game where it is stored, I do not know each game has it in different places, and delete it so that when the game starts, it scans your PC hardware and then adjust the graphics.

0 Likes

Hardware acceleration is enabled, even tried changing some flags related to it, no matter what 4k60 still stutters.

0 Likes

Try again: open google and in the search bar: change in chrome://flags/#use-angle from default to D3D11 or OpenGL. They also say that it can help to roll back the bios to the previous version (on b450 motherboards it helped, (but before rolling back the bios to the previous version, look at what it would support your processor) or to a more recent version of the bios. Also check that all the connectors are fully inserted I mean into the motherboard, the video card also has an hdmi or displayport cable (there are most problems with it), you can even try to connect hdmi and check if the problem remains)

0 Likes