cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cristi_trohin
Adept II

Neverending crashes with RX 5600 XT

So I've bought this MSI RX 5600 XT Mech OC since November 2020. Since then, there hasn't been a single day without a crash. It's **bleep** near impossible to play anything on this thing. I've send it to warranty, but the service tested the card with Heaven, which is not crashing since it doesn't have a typical gaming load. So I got the card back with the status "Reported defect not manifesting". I've tried every driver of 2020, and the last two of 2021, but the crashes still happen. It has days when it crashes 1-2 times, and days when it crashes constantly. I've reinstalled Windows 10 almost every week.

My configuration is this:

- CPU Intel Core i9 9900K cooled by a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

- MOBO Gigabyte Z390 UD

- Storage: Micron 240GB M.2 SATA SSD, WD 12TB HDD

- PSU Silentium PC 700W (had a Seasonic 500W PSU before, but changed it thinking it could be a power issue)

- 48 GB RAM (1x32GB Samsung 2666 CL19, 1x16 GB Samsung 2666 CL19)

Nothing is overclocked in my system. I disabled all "multicore enhancements", set the PL limits for the i9 to 95W/119W.

The only thing I cannot fix is the incompetence of the AMD driver team. That is the only logical conclusion. If the driver team is not at fault here, then the hardware is bad and AMD is opened to class action lawsuits for intentionally selling bad hardware.

0 Likes
15 Replies