cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hairy_bioinformatician
Journeyman III

Need to install chipset v 19.10.xx before installing v 1.7.29.0115 or later?

Need to update chipset drivers and Mobo manufacturer (ASUS X-570-Plus TUF Gaming) states that before installing chipset driver version 1.7.29.0115 a previous version is required (v 19.10.xx). If I grab the latest chipset driver straight from amd (v 1.8.19.0915 as of writing) is this step still required? I would normally ignore the mobo manufacturer, but the v 19.10.xx installation size is ~370 mb while the latest drivers are only ~50 mb which makes me think that the earlier version might actually be required. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
xlox
Forerunner

it's a mess, I think even asus don't really understand what to do ... but I think 19.10.xx doesn't mean anything anymore , if you achieve to install these 1.8.19.0915 then you should be ok (verify in the log at the end of the file that there is no "AMD_Chipset_Drivers -- Configuration failed." even if it says "installation successful") I would suggest to uninstall previous drivers to be sure that new one is installed ... because it seem that their is a conflit with the installer and windows...... if it's not installed , you can try to install the drivers from each extracted file , but then you will have 15 differents drivers to uninstall next time instead of 1 "chipset driver"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
xlox
Forerunner

it's a mess, I think even asus don't really understand what to do ... but I think 19.10.xx doesn't mean anything anymore , if you achieve to install these 1.8.19.0915 then you should be ok (verify in the log at the end of the file that there is no "AMD_Chipset_Drivers -- Configuration failed." even if it says "installation successful") I would suggest to uninstall previous drivers to be sure that new one is installed ... because it seem that their is a conflit with the installer and windows...... if it's not installed , you can try to install the drivers from each extracted file , but then you will have 15 differents drivers to uninstall next time instead of 1 "chipset driver"