Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KoiTheBot
Adept I

Need some help with installing "Unfamiliar" Chipset Drivers

Problems:

1. Don't know how to find/update new Chipset drivers that are not on the AMD page.

2. Don't know the correct process of installing new Chipset drivers (First time in laptop's life)

Important Specs/Drivers/Softwares/Etc:

Platform: FP6

Chipset: AMD Promontory/Bixby FCH

Laptop Brand Name: ASUS ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU_TUF506IU

Motherboard Model: ASUS FA506IU

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This morning I saw an update available for my AMD graphics so I uninstalled my AMD drivers and prepared to install new ones but I just learned that chipsets also need to be updated so I went to update my chipset following this Tutorial. But when I went to find my chipset driver on the AMD support page, I couldn't find the proper one because my platform was a version not specified on the download list and the name of the chipset was very different compared to other laptops I've seen.

Motherboard functions (See platform and Chipset)Motherboard functions (See platform and Chipset)

Laptop SpecsLaptop Specs

Motherboard Chipset and etc...Motherboard Chipset and etc...

Since I can't find an actual chipset to install, I'm concerned this is responsible for a recent bluescreen I had since I've understood that outdated chipsets can cause a lot of trouble for installations and more. If anyone knows what I should do, please tell me because I've tried copying the model but it comes up with different chipsets. I'm also unable to uninstall the "AMD Chipset Installer" off my laptop but that's partly irrelevant (I think).

I'd also like it if I was told of an easier way of installing new drivers as the process of uninstalling and then re-installing the software is quite long and a bit worrying. I'm not the smartest guy at identifying outdated drivers and faulty bugs but this stood out just after learning about it  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGUz8wubCII

0 Likes
2 Replies

You have a AMD Mobile Ryen APU - Ryzen 7 4800H with Integrated Graphics so this is the correct AMD CHIPSET Package you need to download from AMD Download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/socket-fp5-mobile/amd-ryzen-and-athlon-mobile-chipset

Screenshot 2022-01-20 180433.png

But I highly suggest instead you download Asus own AMD CHIPSET Drivers which are 100% compatible with your laptop. AMD Mobile CHIPSET drivers package is a basic generic drivers so that it would work on all AMD Laptops. It should works but it is best to use the laptop's own manufacturer's drivers instead unless it is very outdated.

Here is Asus TUF GAMING A15-FA506IU Download page: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Gaming/TUF-Gaming/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-A15/HelpDesk_Download/

Screenshot 2022-01-20 180433.png

Asus CHIPSET drivers are over a year old while AMD CHIPSET Drivers are about 3 months old. Try installing AMD CHIPSET drivers for AMD Mobile CHIPSET package and see if it installs successfully.

0 Likes

Thanks for the help, I installed the AMD Chipset drivers first and after installing, the computer, in general, was a lot more responsive and the problems I had with the AMD software have subsided. Thanks for the help