cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

valeriev1to
Adept I

Need help with solving gpu running slow problem

Yesterday I bought an rx5700 XT GPU. Everything is fine when I start a game. In the lobbies, the card runs at 90-97percent and normal clocks but when the game starts the clock speeds drop dramatically (sometimes even under 1000mhz) and the GPU starts running at 40-50 percent. The fps is more than awful and this is happening with all the games I have installed. I have been trying to fix that issue since yesterday but without success. I hope you guys will help me fix it and play in peace.

15 Replies
baepe
Adept III

This is a known issue that AMD refuses to do anything about. The card will randomly drop to an absurdly low clock during gaming like 8Mhz which will cause your game to stutter. A workaround is to enable chill and set the minimum FPS to 60+. This fix no longer works, thanks AMD for your shite software.

As a side note why do you have vsync enabled?? Is your display not FreeSync compatible?

0 Likes

I will just sell this crap

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comment edited to preserve sanity.

Hello,

Having the same issue with the Radeon VII, it downclocks at high resolutions to around 800mhz.

We have sent an error report the AMD and haven't heard back in over a week now.

AMD Team not happy about this what so ever.

Looks to me like this wont be fixed at all, been going off for years now.

The only way to fix this powerplay issue, is to flash a custom BIOS and prey the update disables the downclocking.

Honestly if these don't respond back I'm refunding so I would suggest the same if possible.

I contacted 2 friends of mine (who are pretty good pc experts) via team viewer.Both said that this is not normal to happen on a brand new 500$ GPU.On of them even asked me (maybe he was joking) if I ordered this product from aliexpress.

I hope the store I bought it from will give me a refund since I have warranty for this shite.

0 Likes

Finally i found someone with that same problem. I thought i'm becoming crazy. I tried so much to fix that problem and was confused why it even happens in the first place. 

It's so annoying for such an expensive product to stutter all over the place.

Do you have found a custom bios? I would like to get rid off that problem.

0 Likes
valeriev1to
Adept I

I will try to use my warranty first,then I will try with the BIOS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is, I haven't found a custom BIOS for either the Radeon VII or XT GPU's.

I flashed the BIOS on my old FuryX and it was a dream, absolute solid FPS, it was awesome.

I have found an update for the Radeon VII BIOS but its from AMD and they pulled the download off the site.

I would contact the seller and explain the issues, then request the time frame for your refund window.

Thanks,I really appreciate the help.Today I will go to the store I bought it from, will ask them if a warranty refund is possible.I will be paying attention to this conversation too.

0 Likes

The AMD customer support is pretty useless so i will be waiting for your answer

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Yes the AMD support team don't seem to be English spoken as they cannot string a sentence together without major grammar mistakes.

I understand if English isn't their spoken language but its difficult to communicate with the AMD team right now.

They have stated to 'Reinstall the driver using the AMD Cleanup Utility and test again' So I will do as requested and hopefully they will now take the bugs into consideration.

Steve said that most of the bugs are not even logged with the AMD Team, they have no knowledge of the bugs? That's apparently what the AMD Devs said to Steve at Gamers Nexus.

There's some seriously bad communication going on right now.

Cant talk on this forum but hopefully have something in the works soon for the AMD community.

0 Likes

Did you find a custom BIOS ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No and its killing me.

I have 99% Power, 1300mV, but no disabled Powerplay.

Still working on it.

0 Likes

I got my refund ,so I will just buy the 2070super.Never looking back to AMD’s GPU

0 Likes
baepe
Adept III

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.1was a huge disappointment and totally failed to address this issue.

0 Likes

I noticed

0 Likes