Acer Aspire 3 (A314-21-62TC)
AMD Dual-Core Processor A6-9920e
AMD Radeon R4 Graphics
4GB RAM

BIOS:
v1.23
ATI VGA VER015.049.000.017.019987

Problem:

To start off, it is a fact that this model is pre-installed with Windows 10, sad to say it is not really comfortable to use despite the specs being too low, though if only Windows 7 didn't stop it could have been pre-installed with it instead.

With that being said, since I was not happy with Windows 10, I downgraded it to Windows 7. How? I simply turned off secure boot, set a password, changed boot orders, all through the BIOS, and successfully installed a Windows 7 OS on it. I am fully aware this will void my warranty, so no problem with that.

When I first used it on Windows 7, there were various problems which I could solve myself. Every driver is missing as expected, including the LAN, so plugging in a CAT5 wouldn't make sense. Instead, I checked the device manager, right clicked on the LAN driver, took a look at the 'Device Instance Path' and looked it up on the web, voila, I found a driver, and surprisingly it wasn't by Acer nor Intel. It was from Dell, I installed it, and it worked with no issues at all. I plugged in the CAT5 cable and ran a driver finder software and installed everything missing. It's all good.

The real problem I have now which I ran out of solutions was this. I installed Serato Dj Lite since I use it for playing music in parties and at radio stations, and I can't seem to launch it. I get this error which I know is clearly related to graphics driver problem:

I know it's funny this is my fault for trying to install an older OS which is supposed to run well but forced on a new one which isn't. Anyway, I researched about it and I tried installing Windows 7 64 Bit AMD Graphics Drivers but no luck, if I install the standalone driver I get a 'Incompatible build, setup will now exit' or with the AMD auto detect I get an error 182 which says that AMD cannot find a driver for my unsupported AMD graphics card which again isn't surprising since it's built for Windows 10. Basically I am stuck and I do not know what to do next, hahaha!

I checked the display adapters and only the standard VGA driver is installed which is why software that require usage of graphics card doesn't launch. I was thinking, since I can install a Dell driver to make the LAN work instead of the manufacturer's, can anyone help me figure out what graphics driver may work on my laptop? I swear Windows  7 is really fast and I can appreciate the laptop's true performance, I don't ever wanna go back to Windows 10. I just need to know what graphics drivers I need which may equivalent to another laptop that is almost the same with my model. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you =)

0 Likes
10 Replies
heinssss
Journeyman III

Bump

0 Likes

AMD probably does not support APIs for your graphics unit with updated drivers, so the latest AMD driver software is the legacy driver for your hardware. So... You need to try an old driver.

0 Likes

Product Support | Acer United Kingdom 

Have you tried these drivers with Win10?

0 Likes

I downgraded to win 7 so trying this wouldn't work, I tried. Error 182 as well.

0 Likes

These are the latest drivers for your laptop from AMD. This is the only driver you install.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a6-series-apu-for-laptops/7th-gen-a6-92... 

Tried as well, I get an error 182.

0 Likes
heinssss
Journeyman III

Is it still possible? Thanks

0 Likes

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

Successfully installed all updates last night, but unfortunately still doesn't help me install any graphics driver, I either get error 182 or incompatible build even if it is.

0 Likes
Partha
Journeyman III

Why this is happening with me? please help me :Screenshot (2).png)

0 Likes