cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dannyz
Journeyman III

Need help with AMD Drivers and Sapphire 5500 xt Nitro+

Here's the thing. Ive built my PC in october 2020. Ryzen 3600, Corsair 8+8gb 3600mhz, Msi Tomahawk max b450, WD Blue 1tb, WD Black SN750 500gb, Corsair CX600M psu and a Sapphire Nitro+ 5500 XT 8gb SE.

A few weeks ago the pc started to get into a boot loop when powering up. Sometimes it would post after a few reboots, sometimes it got into an endless boot loop (like 8 times).

So i had the idea to do a fresh install of windows 10. The thing is, Windows installs like a breeze but the problem starts when i install the GPU drivers. I followed every step of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYYoCXh2gtw&t=371s&ab_channel=JayzTwoCents

Install win 10 Home, then install all the Windows Updates, Chipset Driver, Realtek Audio Driver, etc.

When its time to install the latest AMD Driver for my GPU, the installer near to the end freezes and a Windows ad pop up at the right corner of the screen that says something like "Windows need to restart", then the PC reboots and gets into that endless loop.

Then, i restart in Safe Mode, clean the AMD drivers with DDU, then reboot again in normal mode. It seems that Windows is installing his Standard Display Driver every time i try to wipe the AMD driver. Tried rolling back to the AMD December 2020 driver but i always get the same result.

These are all things ive tried: checking cable connections, wiping AMD drivers with DDU in safe mode then installing AMD latest drivers with internet disconnected, deleting AMD folder, taking out the GPU then installing it back again, switching between Bios 1 and 2 form the GPU switch, cleaning CMOS, installing Win10 in the mechanical drive, installing Win10 only in the Nvme drive, switching connections between the two HDMI ports of the GPU, installing Win 10 Home and Pro, rollng back between drivers versions.

The PC displays image and audio, so i dont think that my GPU is faulty. The RGB light, logo and cooler are spinning normally. In the past ive used it for dozen of hours playgin Warzone, GTA V, without any problem.

Maybe my PSU is faulty? Its the only part on this build that is not brand new. Dunno where to start since ive tried almost everything.

0 Likes
23 Replies