cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rasta
Journeyman III

Need Help, Cant install GPU driver without crashs!

Hey! I've just recently reinstalled windows 10 on to my PC with a full restart. Leading me to have non of the vital drivers. While using the auto detect and install application radeon adrenalin 19.9.1 it gets to about 70% of the installation then trys to switch the the new driver(i assume) leading to a black screen then moments later a restart... ive tryed booting in safe mode and used DDU then installing again same problem.The only "Display Adaptars" that shows on device manager is micrsoft display adaptor i turned of the windows auto device download before trying soultions ive read up online to no success. If someone could diagnose/solve this i would appreciate it!

The GPU is a Radeon HD 7800 Series 

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
rasta
Journeyman III

Bump

Update someone suggested download windows updates... even having problems with that computer is a barrel of laugh's atm!

0 Likes
rasta
Journeyman III

Bump

Update 2 i decided to clean install windows 7 since i was having problems with windows 10 updates... everything sorted out until i get to installing the GPU driver i install it with the auto detect program, restart the pc to make it take effect then im on an endless loop till i go in on safe mode and disable the driver. i think mabye my GPU is broken but my DVI is plugged into the gpu so how am i seeing stuff if its broke is that possible? i didnt build the pc or am very knowledgeable so help appreciated.

0 Likes
yahaway
Adept II

I have been getting the random restarts as well. thought it was hardware related. led me to best buy and replaced my m.2 and ram. of course had to install fresh windows 10. afterwards been getting blackscreen/restarts today. finally managed to update to 1903. just about to ddu and install fresh 19.9.1. let you know what happens...

0 Likes
yahaway
Adept II

okay so far an hour after installing new chipset and gpu drivers. currently downloading skyrim off steam. so far no crashes/restarts after 1903 update. gotta say im relieved to learn that others are having the same issue. thought it was my hardware...literally was ready to buy another motherboard and cpu from Newegg. 

0 Likes
rasta
Journeyman III

turns out my gpu was faulty but wacked a heatgun on it for a bit now it works

0 Likes