Journeyman III

My System tray icon disappears when i try to open The settings for AMD Radeon

RX580 

Desktop

Windows 10 home Edition

Win10-64bit-radeon-software-Adrenalin-2019-edition19.5.2-june3

8GB Ram

Intel i-5 7400 3.00GHz

First off I'm sorry if i don't have a good specs list, this is my first forum really ever from me.  

I used to be able to open my Radeon settings anytime i wanted (obviously), But after i updated it about a year ago passed 18.5.3 or something along those lines it just got rid of the system tray icon.  I've un installed the current Driver multiple times and tried to install others nothing seems to work except the drivers from over a year ago and farther back.  I'll right click on my desktop and it will give me the option to open my settings, the icon will appear then it will disappear as soon as i place my cursor over it.  I've read multiple forums trying to fix this issue but to no avail, i've honestly spent my last 4 months trying to fix it.  The only thing i don't want to do is hard reset my Pc because i have some valuable images on it that i probably wouldn't be able to get back if i did.  I have tried to reset it to where it kept certain files and deleted everything else.  I think i've tried everything but maybe some of you have the same problem, and fixed it in a way that i couldn't think of.

Thanks for you time friendos and if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
2 Replies

Have you tried a custom clean install.

Download/save the full driver pkg direct from the amd driver site, start install from that dowloaded file.

Or Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I Had already Emailed Support about this issue and they said 

"

I understand you are experiencing issue accessing Radeon settings on your computer with AMD Radeon RX 580 graphic card.

Please try the below suggestions and check the status.

DDU Tool: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/DDU/download/DDU%20v18.0.1.4.exe (This tool will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.)

Drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-5-2

Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file.  

·         Download the drivers and DDU tool from above links.

·         Restart the Computer into Safe mode.
Run the DDU tool and select Device type (RHS of the tool) and select Clean and restart.
Once the system boots into normal mode, run the driver installer and follow the onscreen instructions. 
Once the drivers are installed, reboot the system."

Unfortunately this did not work, so i emailed again because i felt like it was my Itel CPU messing with my GPU's Drivers.

To which they just said do the same thing but instead of uninstalling AMD Drivers uninstall the Intel Graphics Drivers.  This in fact worked