cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

luizfernandonb
Journeyman III

My second monitor has a black screen out of nowhere

I have two monitors with the same resolution and the same amount of Hz, but sometimes when I'm using the computer only the second monitor out of nowhere has a black screen, everything works normally, but to fix it I have to press Ctrl + Win + Shift + B to reset the video driver, does anyone have any ideas what it could be? I already used this monitor and same cable on another computer and never had this, only when I changed computers and started using this one did this start to happen, I don't have a video card, I use the integrated one on my Ryzen 7 5700g

PS: When installing a new video driver, I always chose the "Driver Only" option, I don't use Adrenalin or anything like that

2 Replies
Dargon
Journeyman III

I've had a similar issue. I use my GPU and Integrated GPU for my 2 monitors. After installing the latest 23.5.1 driver it started going black on me but would return. It was doing it randomly but often so i reinstalled the 23.4.3 drivers that were fine before and haven't had any issues since.

I'd recommend trying last months drivers to see if that fixes it.

Ingvarrr
Journeyman III

Both monitors turn black for me, everything freezes and pc going to restart after a while on 23.5.1 6800xt.

Returning to 23.4.3 helped to fix the problem.