cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aymanibousi
Journeyman III

My Rx580 wont allow me to select 10bit in windows 10. Furthermore my HDR in windows 10 is darker with a grey mouse.

Hello Folks,
I have a Samsung 65" UA65MU9000

Currently my Resolution is 3840x2160 running at 60HZ

Radeon Software Version - 19.7.5
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 580 Series
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1340 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz

A  couple of problems. My videocard is running on a premium HD cable capable on doing 60hz, 4k, 10bit (Confirmed with my mate and his setup). But my Radeon settings wont exceed 8bit in ANY Pixel format. Furthermore I dont think HDR is working properly because windows 10 is darker with a grey mouse. My mate plugged in his rx580 and his pc into my cable and my TV and its doing 10bit for him. 

Here is my specs

Horizontal Timing Total - 4400
Horizontal Timing Display - 3840
Horizontal Timing Front Porch - 176
Horizontal Timing Sync Width - 88
Vertical Timing Total - 2250
Vertical Timing Display - 2160
Vertical Timing Front Porch - 8
Vertical Timing Sync Width - 10
Horizontal Timing Polarity - Positive
Vertical Timing Polarity - Positive
Interlaced/Progressive - Progressive
G.Pixel Clock (KHz) - 594000
G.Refresh Rate (Hz) - 60
HDMI Link Status Monitoring - Disabled
Current Link Settings - Not Available

Any help is appreciated.

6 Replies

I will start with that some RX 580 models only support 10 bit over Display Port. Check the specs for your card make sure it says it supports it over HDMI. You didn't give your card model so I can't look it up. 

According to the specs the TV does support 10 bit but TV's can be problematic with support when monitors are not. You might try changing settings on the TV one at a time. It is amazing on TV's how some setting you think isn't related can fix an issue. It may prove no help, but if you have not done this it can't hurt. What connection are you using from the card HDMI I assume? Don't assume that just because you bought a good cable that it can't be the cable, definitely try a second cable if you can. Any chance that TV has any firmware updates available?

If none of the helps, I would suggest you talk to support with AMD and Samsung about this. The link for AMD support: Online Service Request | AMD 

Edit: You could also try an older driver and see if that helps. 

Hi thank you for your reply. Here is my card http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/19/08/27/w35.png

On my TV, HDR is enabled on all the HDMI ports via the settings, plus it has the latest firmware (Had to update it).

The thing is that my friends HDMI cable was tried here as well and same results. With my cable, he can get 10bit on his PC.

Any more ideas?

0 Likes

Since I still only now know who made your card not the model number I can't be more specific. I did not find any specs for any models for RX 580's that listed one way or other what ports do or don't support 10 bit on the Sapphire cards. They do list it as HDMI 2.0b which is certainly capable of it, but that doesn't mean they implemented it. I would fire off that question to Sapphire support. They actually would probably be the best help for you in figuring out this issue anyway as they made your card. They might have some good suggestions as to what to try next. Like I said in my post before though. We see a lot of issues with functions that would work with monitors not work with TVs. I don't know if it is a TV, Driver issue or both.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

4k60 10 Bit Color/HDR is not supported on HDMI, you would need to use a display port connection to the RX 590 graphics card to achieve this. 

I knew my card only supported it on Display port. Thanks for the clarification Matt.

0 Likes

amdmatt wrote:

4k60 10 Bit Color/HDR is not supported on HDMI, you would need to use a display port connection to the RX 590 graphics card to achieve this. 

I use DisplayPort but I have tested HDMI on my Pascal card and it does HDR with HDMI at 4K60.

I use DisplayPort as it has more general bandwidth. Had issues with DisplayPort cables galore.

My LG 27UL500 has one DisplayPort and dual HDMI ports, HDMI 2.0 can do 4K30.

I was disappointed to discover that Polaris 20 does not reach 8K60 with the DisplayPort.

0 Likes