cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

abysmal101
Adept I

My RX570 = Just terrible.

I had a perfectly working, old, nvidia card. I bought an RX570 to upgrade a bit. I'm not a heavy duty gamer. Now that I've "upgraded" I'm getting nothing but Opencl.dll errors. Not only that but there are 100s of posts about this problem here and NO FIX???!!???!!???!!???!! What kind of company did I just give money to??!!?? There's page after page of people complaining about this for months and months and AMD has not fixed it yet? This isn't a new technology, this isn't the newest thing not being beta-tested. This is just completely negligent customer service. 

My god. 

IF I could return this I would. 

6 Replies

There in lies the problem. These are USER TO USER FORUMS ONLY. It explains this in the links in the forum headers. You are not talking to AMD here, and neither were they. Unfortunately it is a common mistake. I wish AMD participated regularly in this forum. They only way AMD gives you to talk to them is the following link:  Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
carljf
Adept II

Have you completely removed the nvidia driver with DDU ?

0 Likes

What is DDU? I've seen that name everywhere.

0 Likes

I tried DDU. Still crashed every time I tried to play something as simple as pillars of eternity 2. What's the return policy on these things? 

0 Likes
carljf
Adept II

You might also try CCleaner and reinstall the driver. 

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

ok

1. safe all your personal data on a external hdd
2. install a fresh windows
3. install 19.4.1 driver

there you go

if error persists than your GPU is faulty and should going to RMA

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes