cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Shashankh
Journeyman III

My PC Crashed and deleted drivers

Ok so I was normally developing my game and suddenly my pc hanged and I couldn't do anything. I restarted the system using the button on my computer's front panel. After it restarted the resolution was in 1024 x 768, I changed it to the default one and then opened blender to do some modelling and that is when I got the notification that my system isn't compatible. I opened Device Manager and saw my CPU was disabled for some reason. I enabled it and it said there is something wrong with the device. I then opened Radeon software to check what is happening, but it said no AMD graphics drivers are installed. So I had to manually download driver files from google and then it started running fine.

I just want to know what caused this problem to delete the driver files.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g(vega 8 graphics)

30 Replies
seto
Adept II

Happened to me yesterday. AMD Drivers, weren't deleted, but in the Device Manager (WIn 10) the GPU was disabled so the Microsoft Generic Graphics driver was loaded. I had to tun on the GPU in the device manager and reboot for the AMD drivers to load again. 

This happened when I was playing Ubisoft's Ghost Recon breakout. Got a black screen and had to reboot dur to the driver not recovering.

After rebooting, my resolution went from 5120x1440 to 1028x728 and the GPU was disabled.

Using the AMD graphics driver last 4/21 release.

yup it just happened to me rn

0 Likes

do not use the last drive it is broken AF use 21.3 or older  version 

0 Likes

Thank yo so much for the solution

0 Likes

Problem still persists and looking around the forum, nobody from AMD seems to bother even responding. Very nice.

0 Likes

Hey there! I made a forum account just to post this. I have been having the same, black screen, pc turns off and restarts to find all drivers uninstalled. I noticed this when playing games and sometimes doing nothing. I have had a problem with a recent game called "The Finals" causing this issue to occur EVERYTIME when booting the game. I found this Reddit forum for BF4 and IT WORKS, solved my crashing and uninstalling problems. I hope this helps!! link below to the thread. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1xzzn4/tdrdelay_10_fixed_my_crashes_since_last_patch...

0 Likes
Conspud
Adept I

I'm having the exact same problem, and I am losing my mind. I try to play a game, any game, and I lose all video output. Screens turn black, whatever sound was going before continues and system becomes unresponsive. I forcefully reboot and the drivers and Radeon software sometimes are gone. Windows is up to date, the drivers get updated, I've used DDU to completely remove any old drivers and it still crashes.  

I have uninstalled chrome and firefox before reinstalling the drivers, I took it all apart and cleaned everything. I tried old drivers, I tried new drivers. I disabled avast and anything else not necessary. I have an i5-4690k with 5700xt on a gigabyte motherboard. I even checked event logs and the only critical error is the unexpected reboot

So after some more digging I saw someone suggested updating my vbios, and so far it appears to be working. For good measure I uninstalled steam and all my games before trying anything. Redownload and opened up valheim and played a bit, no problems. Trying a couple more games but looks to have maybe fixed it. Fingers crossed

Nope didn't work. I'm stumped

0 Likes

Same problem. I can only assume it is caused by the latest drivers. One thing I noticed is that it seems to affect 3D games only, or at least games that somewhat get the GPU going. Playing Underrail is fine, playing Dakka Squadron (3D but far from high end graphics requirements) is not.

I'll try to downgrade and see if that does anything.

0 Likes

Downgraded to 21.3.1, took the card out and made sure it was free of dust and sat properly in the slot (Why WOULDN'T it though?) and still getting crashes.

0 Likes

I used the driver suite to allow for more power to the GPU and switched my W10 settings to Ultra Performance and haven't had a crash so far. 

0 Likes

Well scratch that, I thought I found the issue but it just crashed again. It's NOT a GPU load issue, it is NOT a power issue, it is NOT a driver issue. 

0 Likes

@NihilVerum 

to fix you crashes do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd0065duKE

also make separate fan speed profile for the game that have crashes make sure they are above 50%ssss.jpg

0 Likes

This is happening to me to and im going insane i havent found a way to fix it i guess just dont turn off the pc ? when my pc crashes i turn it back on and reinstall the drivers before the monitors lose signals 

0 Likes
BNITRO
Adept III

Take ur ram out,,, clean the pins and re-insert... ur welcome...

INTEGRATED USED RAM as in ur sticks of ram so the communication is 4 times as much as normal CPU to ram... so they can get oxidized FAST.

0 Likes

bro you think 2000 ppl at ones have ram clearing issue ? 

0 Likes
JoeyEcko
Adept I

I had the same issue twice in the last week. first time it crashed during a game so I re-installed it, the second time it happened today and I was just streaming Netflix for like 1 hour at this point only had steam opened in the background no game running and it crashed and deleted all drivers. It is pretty annoying specially sense I just upgraded to a 6900XT.

I just had this happen to me. I was playing Hell Let Loose and the screen went black. After I restarted the PC the adrrnaline software was not starting automatically and when I did it said my hardware wasnt compatible with the current drivers or something along those lines. I reinstalled the software and the drivers and now it's working again. I'm going to see if it happens again or experiment with other games

0 Likes

same here only happens when playing warzone

0 Likes

that is stupid windows part after last windows update this all happen a lot .. windows have dif version of the drivers and we downloads dif version from AMD website and windows keep trying to update it even when we turn off windows update 

that is how looks like to me micro**bleep** is a stupid company sometime I wish we had other ones (i know we have mac and other one I am talking about something dif then all of them something better )

0 Likes
Quakka
Adept I

Man that happens to me all the time and i still didnt fix it. Happened since i got this PC and im stuck with this PC now.

same here i have a 6900xt  i thought i was the only one having this issue

It mostly just crashes by freezing and making some windows 10 USB disconnect sound and when i restart the PC, the drivers are gone (Thats why i have a literal folder named "AMD for everytime pc crashes" with the setup inside so i dont have to reinstall it online by how often it happens.)

But now suddenly it started giving me bluescreens with error code: "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" and it doesn't even happen in videogames at this point it happens so often randomly even on just my desktop and i'm going crazy i wanna throw this PC in trash and get an NVIDIA

0 Likes

I saw a lot of people say it could be a memory issue, but from my testing to the point of even swapping out different memory nothing changes. I think the error code if just the result of the crash it self.

0 Likes
Authority
Journeyman III

I have a RX 5600 XT.

I've been having the same issues as listed since getting the card. There seems to be no consistent way to cause this, at least for me. Everyone seems to be having a little bit of a different cause for this, but the results  are the same, a black screen or a hang after rebooting the GPU is sometimes disabled and the Adrenaline Software could be gone too.

Like mentioned I can't find a reason why this happens, for me it can happen at any time doesn't matter the load. And from deduction I don't think it's a heat/power issue. I have ran a sustained load on my system for a really long time where everything is maxed out and it's completely fine, but the next day it crashes while browsing steam.

I can't even list how many solutions I've tried over the years, none of them have fixed this. The main one is to use the DDU (or the AMD cleanup utility) and disable the automatic windows driver installation, to save people's time this does not work, again at least for me it didn't and a lot of other people.

So again, has anyone found a consistent solution for this or has had AMD staff help them out. Because this thread has been active since 2021 and the issue persists. If needed I can provide all the solutions I've tried and the results. At this point any information is helpful, because the only choice left is to just to buy a new GPU. 

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

I had this with my 6700XT and my current 6900XT, thought id resolved the issue by changing PSU from 750W to 1000W as it ran fine with no issues for weeks. Last week however bang it starts to happen again when playing BF2042. Ive tried multiple driver versions from 21.8.1 onwards but still happens. Talk about a pain in the arse.

0 Likes

Yea I even rolled back my graphic drivers to almost last yrs drivers and still happening. I’m thinking of upgrading the gpu maybe that will work.  But why should I have to go thru that of an  extreme for a 3k build smh. I’m at wits end and it really mentally drained me. 

0 Likes
deniz21
Journeyman III

anybody found fix for this happened to me on 6700xt too 23.11.1 version still happens stupid amd

0 Likes
YourMate7
Journeyman III

Hey there! I made a forum account just to post this. I have been having the same, black screen, pc turns off and restarts to find all drivers uninstalled. I noticed this when playing games and sometimes doing nothing. I have had a problem with a recent game called "The Finals" causing this issue to occur EVERYTIME when booting the game. I found this Reddit forum for BF4 and IT WORKS, solved my crashing and uninstalling problems. I hope this helps!! link below to the thread. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1xzzn4/tdrdelay_10_fixed_my_crashes_since_last_patch...

0 Likes