cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Rajeev_vaishnav
Journeyman III

My laptop's dedicated graphics card is Radeon™ 530 but its showing up a AMD Radeon™ R7 M340 or...

HP's official website  and even the retail seller claimed that my laptop's driver suppose to show and work on Radeon™ 530 but in reality it's either showing AMD Radeon™ R7 M340 or Radeon™ 535, which is really causing problems on many software and games like blender, photoshop cs6 and Team fortress 2 and also causing it to always be at 0% in task manager.

My question is just that which driver should I install to get it to recognize the actual dedicated graphics card?

My laptop's system info-

• Model: 15-bw084AX
  • Processor: AMD A10-9620P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.50 GHz
  • Edition: Windows 10 Pro
  • Version: 21H1
  • system type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • OS build: 19043.1415
  • Video card: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
0 Likes
5 Replies

When you install the generic basic mobile Laptop AMD Graphics driver, many times it won't show the exact GPU model in your laptop. It will work and be compatible but it might just show the family or series or equivalent model of your GPU in your laptop.

If you install your HP AMD Laptop driver it will show the correct and exact GPU model you have installed and it is 100% compatible. That is why it is best to use the OEM Laptop's own drivers except when it is very out-dated.

There are no A10-9620P AMD Laptop driver. Seems like your AMD processor is strictly a OEM version. The closest is the A10-9630P driver from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/7th-gen-a10-...

Thanks for the help but your solution didn't work and I am really sorry that I missed out a huge part about this problem that I simply glanced over that is that the driver when changes to AMD Radeon 535 it has a DX at the end of it's name like this AMD Radeon TM 535DX and now I am realizing after looking at third party websites that provide older drivers that the DX does make a change but now I am confused on why the amd's official website doesn't have the newer or older drivers or any information about this DX thing? like the only choice I have is to revert back to an older 2017 version of this driver from a third party source and stuck in a non-updated driver that also gonna cause issues. 

0 Likes

You need to install your APU AMD Driver which will install automatically both the Integrated and Discrete GPU drivers.

Reinstall your Lenovo AMD Driver and when it is showing the correct GPUs for your laptop run GPU-Z to verify exactly which GPUs you have installed.

0 Likes

How did you uninstall and from where did you install 530 graphics can you share links if possible or guide me

0 Likes

hello Im also Stuck At DRIVER issue, write now i am using my Laptop without graphic Driver, could you please share your drivers with me , my Gmail id is shyamthunga72@gmail.com 

0 Likes