cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bruce1
Newcomer

My gpu becomes unstable after playing a game

Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB  (Drivers Adrenaline 18.5.1)

Ryzen 5 1600 @Stock 3.2Ghz (no boost)

PSU Corsair CX500

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 (Bios F22)

16GB Ram Corsair Vengeance LPX @3000Mhz with XMP profile

I've been playing a pretty old game for a while 'Sniper Ghost Warrior' (2010) through Steam and after leaving I realized that the mouse slowed down every few seconds. I opened Radeon Settings and this is what I find

Screenshot - e3d1709b9ed84ddb68aa235c240a4897 - Gyazo

It only happens with that game. The only thing that occurs to me that could be the culprit is Sapphire Trixx since when this happened I closed it and the graphic on Radeon Settings became stable but the slowing down of the mouse was still happening :S. I always have Sapphire Trixx with just for the curve fan. The solution is always restart the pc..

On the other hand, I also have the card with an undervolt at -80mV from 1150mV and I do not know if it is well done or not .. I need the opinion of some expert on this, a friend recommended me to do it. Also sometimes when I turn on the PC I find the values restored to default :S

Screenshot - 264b2f451a097525d31c57292adb2e6f - Gyazo

Another issue that I found the other day was playing 'Risen 2: Dark Waters' (2012). Suddenly, the image froze while playing and then the DP monitor signal went off. I had to force the restart of PC and just before reaching the welcome screen of Windows 10 the card fans were set to 100% for a few moments (very loud sound). Then they returned to normal and in windows appeared the message "Radeon settings has stopped working and the values were re-established to default' or something like that.

However I can play for hours to Battlefield 1 without problem: s Only those games on Steam are the ones that have given me problems in the last few days.

This is how looks right now watching a video on YouTube and with several tabs open, a normal thing... I do not understand why this card sometimes becomes so unstable. I installed the drivers correctly with DDU in safe mode and without internet connection.

Screenshot - 726bee3c0504bf5d72c04ce275b2117e - Gyazo

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
bruce1
Newcomer

Today I installed Relive and started to record some games of Battlefield 1. When I left the game I began to see how the mouse slowed down every few seconds when moving it. When I turn off Freesync this stopped happening. So the problem has to do with Freesync. I can not even show it because when I start recording with Relive on the desktop the mouse does not slow down anymore but it does it again when I stop recording. My monitor is AOC 2460G5 75hz and the solution is always to restart the computer so that the mouse stops slowing down with Freesync turned on.

I will never buy an AMD graphics card because it's driving me crazy this daughter of wore . NEVER!

0 Likes