cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zachal84
Adept I

My Feedback On My 5700 XT

*The AMD Support Community is a place where AMD users can help each other by sharing their valuable knowledge and experiences about AMD products.*

*My own topic was: Dont buy the Radeon 5700 or bring it back to the Reseller, because its BETA"*
*Topic was edited by a Mod*
*My Card WAS a Sapphire 5700 AMD Design. (non XT)*

When you come to this Forum, you know, there is something wrong with your card.
And to help you, i made this Topic. Dont try yourself, to find the Problem with different Drivers or Software.
You bought a Product and want, that it runs.

Things you have to live with, when you dont switch NOW:

Bluescreens, Blackscreens, Game Problems, not optimized, crash on startup, crash ingame,
Freesync problems, Hz problems, enhanced sync problems, horizontal line problems (not vsync lines)

over 10? Years ago, at the AMD hype, i had another AMD Card full of problems and after months of waiting, i switched.
So after a long Green phase, i thought its TIME, to switch to a good price/performance new card.
FAIL. AMD you will never change in your GPU Marked....
Congrats to the CPU Team, you guys are awesome. 

Nothing more to say. See you on the green Side again. Im out of the Game.

21 Replies
spajdr
Adept III

Not surprised to see someone leave to green camp, I'm not leaving yet, but I'm sure also not happy with my RX5700.

0 Likes

Maybe you should purchase a Vega 64 or Vega 56 instead if you don't want to buy Nvidia or hold off until AMD Drivers for RX5700/XT are stable?

New MSI RX Vega 64 Air Boost cards are really low cost at the moment ~ 260. 
Alternatively Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro GPUs are selling for ~ 300 - 320 in some deals. 
A very good RX Vega 56 is the PowerColor Red Dragon for as low as 250.

The RX Vega 64 Liquid and PowerColor RX Vega 56 Red Dragon GPUs I own are finally working quite well on Adrenalin 19.8.2/19.9.1 drivers on Windows 10 Pro 64bit/Windows 8.1Pro 64bit and Windows 7 64bit Ultimate.
The Vega drivers were still very problematic in November 2018 when I purchased the RX Vega 64 Liquid.
It was so bad I was going to return the GPU.
Driver Stability has definitely improved on Vega cards since then for me, and issues I reported did get fixed.

It might take until ~ Thanksgiving 2019 or even end Jan/early February 2020 before majority of RX5700/XT & BIOS issues on AIB versions are resolved based on what happened with RX Vega 64 launch.

Also when "Adrenalin 2020" is released (the Annual Update - usually ~ November) the driver stability might drop until mid Feb 2020 based on what happened with Crimson ReLive, Adrenalin, Adrenalin 2019 for me.  

RX5700XT Prices might drop, there might be better AMD game deals, or perhaps some good Black Friday deals on AIB versions by November 2019.

The RX5700XT in AIB cooler like the PowerColor Red Dragon or the Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC look like good GPUs if you don't mind > 2 slot form factor.
I am very interested in the PowerColor Red Dragon RX5700XT or the Asrock RX 5700 XT Challenger D 8G OC as they are both 2 slot form factor, provided I can get them at a reasonable price.

RX 580 8GB cards are bounding around 150-170 at auction

0 Likes

Hold off until AMD fix this mess while he stuck with his XT and have to deal with issues everyday until AMD sort this out? Looks like a waste of time and money IMO.

Yes I understand, if there is really a problem with the GPU drivers and the problems are not getting fixed quickly then you end up dealing with problems, reporting bugs or not using the GPU. I kept the RX Vega 64 Liquid in the hope the drivers would get fixed, I needed the GPU for specific technical reasons. The drivers do seem to be working much better now, although the card is very power hungry and struggles @4K.  
I purchased a new Nvidia RTX2080 because the RX Vega 64 Liquid was crashing so much and I was interested in Ray Tracing & DLSS at the time.

0 Likes
mainakcrixallis
Adept III

Bye have a beautiful time 

mainakcrixallis
Adept III

The Cpu side is even more broken right now . just go through the posts  of zen 2 problems .  if you still have the card . i can give it a shot to change your mind and not to pay the green envious monster than jeopardized the gpu market ..   tho i bid you bye already . so yeah . incase you turn back . xD . anyway . 

1. i assume you have DDU already . if so . Nice . 

2. Install 19.9.1 --- for me better performance since the voltage is much more aggressive and clocks are much more stable than 19.7.5 .  opinions may vary

3. Disable Enhanced Sync . FREESYNC . ( if you have a 75hz monitor ) Im sorry for you .  RUn in 60hz  . 

4. Too much Black Screens ? If you are interested . You can post down your Current Clocks in Wattman . and your current voltage . I have enough experience to spot crap . i have  years long of modding exp of Radeon GPUS .. I suggest you downclock to Ref Clocks and undervolt aggresively

5. DRIVER_IRQL  ATIKMDAG and NOT_HANDELED Bluescreens ? Sure .  Disable HW accleration in CHROME / FIREFOX / STEAM / OVerwolf / anything that uses .

Would help you a lot   the gpu has enough to turn heads around man .    

0 Likes

The problem with the RX5700 family is that actually you need to disable the GPU to use the system.

Disable HW Accel. (Disable the video processing by GPU)
Disable Freesync. (Disable the video signal processing by GPU)

Don't play games. (Disable your fun)

So... Why do I need to buy a GPU if i can't use it?

Seems like AMD isn't even trying to fix this card.

How come reviewers like Hardware Unboxed are so positive about RX5700XT?
They run many benchmarks on latest titles and as far as I know they report no driver issues.

0 Likes

colesdav wrote:

How come reviewers like Hardware Unboxed are so positive about RX5700XT?
They run many benchmarks on latest titles and as far as I know they report no driver issues.

I know other reviewers like me call out bugs almost daily. And I am not the only one to do that.

Probably they review with old driver versions 19.7.x

0 Likes

Most reviewers I know like me test with the current driver when benchmarking games on the latest crop of video cards. This is why my reviews show the date posted. Some sites doesn't have that capability.

0 Likes
wowbro
Adept I

I completely agree with the author.
The video card has been on the market for 2 months, and there are a lot of problems.
I can not play Black Ops 4 - a constant decrease in GPU load and a decrease in game performance

Radeon NOT for gaming

what cpu are you using 

0 Likes

Ryzen 7 2700X

2x8 gb RAM 3200 mhz

RX5700XT 

-> 200 - 60 fps

Old PC:
i7 6700 3.4ghz
2x8 gb 2133 mhz
GTX1070
Я have 160 - 100 fps

-> Stable 160 - 100 fps

0 Likes

i suppose you are in 1080p ? .  i suggest you to disable SMT and tighten your timings .  to maybe CL14  or CL15 . try PBO  10x if your mobo has it .    or try using VSR .    . Cpu runs into issues i can see .  i use a i7 2600k at 4.6ghz . almost same level ipc as your cpu .  ish..  i face same issues .  ill upgrade soon 

0 Likes

You actually downgraded  with 2 more cores actually .   Skylake with MCE - Multicore Enhancement can beat the shitout of ryzen .  i hope you know what  i am talking about

0 Likes

I sold the RX5700XT yesterday and bought the Palit jetStream RTX2070S. Now in Call of Duty Black ops 4 - 240 - 140 fps

i bought the zotac 2070 super amp extreme with 5y warranty
should arrive in 2 days.
From the same reseller, just upgraded and bring the 5700 back.

0 Likes
ultragamer
Adept I

Completely agree with OP and was also thinking about posting something like so as well.

I've been team green/blue for at least 10 years. Got the 2700x after zen 2 came out since its 200 bucks and have no problems coming from a 4690k, its still faster and has more cores and its great for me (WAY BETTER when video editing)

I'm like hey, let me try an all AMD build, brand new 5700 xt architecture!

YEAH NO its absolutely horrific as a well versed gamer. I'm not just playing AAA titles. As soon as one game no longer works, I'm done. Hat In Time? Unplayable. Last straw for me among blue screens, crashing, freesync black screens etc.

Switched back to team green and so hype. Freesync still works perfectly and all problems are completely wiped and I can play any game again.

Don't really care for GSYNC. I thank AMD for making Freesync - it's still good tech and works great! But their own cards are more bugged with it than team green!!!! WTH

AMD should pull these cards, completely rebrand and rebuild their drivers from scratch with a different company/team and then maybe it'll work. Things in such a broken state as this should not even be sold. But by all means if you play *very specific* set of more recent AAA games that are supported/run fine and that's all you do, then go figure. Other than that...

NO and NEVER.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback. The majority of the issues you mentioned should now be resolved in driver 19.9.2 which can be downloaded here