Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TheFlyer777
Adept I

My drivers keep timing out.

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from an RTX 3060 to an RX6800. I am a flight Sim guy and sadly whenever I launch my flight Sim (XPLANE 11 and 12) shortly after I get sometimes a black screen a hang resulting in my flight Sim crashing and me getting nowhere (accompanied by a bug report window popping up saying a driver timeout was detected). I am currently on 22.5.1 as when it works it yield the best performance in flight Sim. Newer drivers like 22.10.xx increase my CPU frame time, lower my fps and I still get timeout errors. I used The AMD clean-up utility and did a fresh install and all, but nothing has helped. Do you have Ideas as this is getting on my case and my pc can't be used for what it's good for. I contacted XPLANE forums, and their support and they said it was a problem on the AMD side of things.

My specs are R5 5600x , 16GB 3200mhz RAM , 970 EVO plus  1tb , Rx 6800 w 

Regards,

Simon

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, you did not mention DDU and since you had previously a Nvidia card, I would try that first.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes

Ah I forgot to mention that. 

I used ddu prior to the install and removed everything nvidia related from the system thereby.

Thanks,

Simon

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Just to be sure, are you getting timeouts with WHQL drivers?

Do you have any kind of OC or undervolting? Either in the CPU or GPU?

I would try a drivers only just to test it out, no adrenalin.

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hey,

Thanks for the response. I have been away from my pc for 2 weeks. I am not doing any sort of over or underclock and am using the drivers 22.5.1 without adrenaline. The same issue still persists and has spread across many games, but in particular crashing with vulkan games. I have tried running no drivers , but that makes my projector obsolete as it doesn't know that its connected.

What should i do from here? 

Regards, Simon

0 Likes