cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Ronin101
Journeyman III

My computer has suddenly started crashing while gaming, but only on select games

Setup: Asrock 6900xt OC Formula

Ryzen 7 5800x

32gb G.Skill TridentZ Series DDR$ 3600

Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD 2tb

EVGA Supernova 850 G+

In the last couple of weeks I started to have weird issues with a few games namely World of Warcraft and Aliens: Fireteam Elite, with WOW I will be playing for anywhere from a few minutes to a half an hour or so and then the game will start minimizing and restoring to full screen over and over until the game crashes or I force stop it. I will then get a Driver timeout notice from the Radeon software. Aliens will startup and then crash before reaching the title screen. I have been able to play several other games with no issue. I have updated drivers, reinstalled the games, I even tried a fresh install of both windows 10 and 11. I am still experiencing issue with those two games only.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the club at Hans Dampf in every alley but not a concept. The community is full of these 5000 and 6000 series problems. Proceed as follows: Update Windows with Update and then deactivate. Install the latest chipset driver from the AMD support page for your motherboard and download the latest Radeon driver 21.12.1, including the graphics tool DDUv18.0.3.9 Now set the device installation setting to no in hardware and deactivate the network card in hardware. Now in safe mode with DDU delete all graphics drivers with restart. Now the Microsoft display driver should be specified as a graphic in hardware. Install Radeon graphics driver (will complain without a network that you want to see what you are doing) and restart, possibly install the display driver from the manufacturer, activate the network card. The installation couldn't be carried out more cleanly, in any case you can't use the BIOS quick start and switch off the game mode. The device installation setting No prevents Microsoft drivers from being installed for your AMD hardware via Windows Update, they do not like each other. You can also set this via the group policy, but this is easier.

This did not work for me

0 Likes