cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

omarsese
Journeyman III

my card turns from 8750M to 8500M/8700M

Hello all I own a laptop (HP 840 G1) with a Graphics card AMD radeon HD 8750M, but when i update it from the site AMD This update (win10-64bit radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.5.1-may23) ,the card turns from 8750M to 8500M/8700M.I want to know why, my card is 8750M not 8500/8700

Is there a flaw in the software

when i update it with this Update (radeon-software-adrenalin-18.10.2-minimalsetup-181025_64bit),My Lap automatically shut down after Updating And send me an error message, and In the end it is not updated. What's wrong with me and why not update

In the end

thank you all

1 Solution

HP EliteBook 840 G1 Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The 8500/8700 designation is a SERIES...not a graphics card. Your laptop has a 8750...which is part of the 8700 SERIES.  AMD offers generic drivers, and that is the generic name. Those are the correct drivers. Never install the 'minimal' setup...always the full driver suite.

You must first install the Intel (switchable) graphics drivers...as indicated here > Laptop graphics update...How to

Re-install the correct driver using DDU > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

AMD Radeon™ HD 8750M Series GPU Drivers & Support | AMD

View solution in original post

3 Replies

HP EliteBook 840 G1 Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The 8500/8700 designation is a SERIES...not a graphics card. Your laptop has a 8750...which is part of the 8700 SERIES.  AMD offers generic drivers, and that is the generic name. Those are the correct drivers. Never install the 'minimal' setup...always the full driver suite.

You must first install the Intel (switchable) graphics drivers...as indicated here > Laptop graphics update...How to

Re-install the correct driver using DDU > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

AMD Radeon™ HD 8750M Series GPU Drivers & Support | AMD

Ok thanks alot, i'm gonna trying to do that

0 Likes

One of the AMD Moderators mention in the past that sometimes AMD Generic driver may show a slightly different model of GPU but it will be the correct driver.

To be able to show the correct GPU installed on your laptop you need to install the Laptop's manufacturer customized VGA Driver. The Manufacturer's laptop driver will indicate the correct GPU model install inside your laptop.