cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ahmedobaid
Newcomer

My amd software 18.5.1 freezes when i select (switchable graphics > installed profiled applications > Browse > ( game.exe) ). Any solutions?

Hey guys,

My amd software 18.5.1 freezes when i select (switchable graphics > installed profiled applications > Browse > ( game.exe) ) as shown in the photo. Any solutions?

Graphic card >>> AMD HD 8850m

Untitled.png

0 Likes
1 Reply

Not having given your full system and OS specs it's hard to say.

Most issues are either incorrect settings, either profiles or system power settings. Other issues are wrong choices or procedures followed when installing updated, and the choice of what updated drivers you are using.

To get back to a stable baseline I would recommend you download the most recent drivers provided on the website from the company that made your hardware, ie, HP, Dell, Asus etc. Then run DDU (wagnardsoft_com) from safe mode to remove any old graphic settings. Restart to regular mode with the INTERNET disabled, turn off router or cable modem. Then reinstall the driver. This will keep Windows Update from screwing up the install which is what causes issues much of the time too.

When installing the driver follow the advice on the following page for how to install based on which hardware matches yours best:

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

Once you have that working and all is well again, you can experiment with newer drivers from AMD installing in the same way. There is unfortunately no guarantee that the AMD drivers will ever work correctly due to customization many laptop makers make to their hardware and their supplied drivers that the AMD don't account for. So the only drivers that may ever work correctly are the ones from your manufacturers site.

0 Likes