cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zzabdiel
Journeyman III

My amd ryzen 5600g processor updates itself.

What happens is that I built my PC with a ryzen 5600g and I installed adrenalin to update it and everything is fine but the problem comes when I try to open it I get the following message

The version of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition that you started is not compatible with the graphics driver you have installed. Check if there are other versions of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition installed on your system. We recommend that you perform a factory reset of your installation of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. There is more information about this issue at https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300.

HELP I updated it about 2 times but after 3 days it reverts to the old version.

0 Likes
1 Solution

That is Windows Update installing the wrong AMD Driver. You need to permanently disable Windows Update from updating drivers.

Then install the AMD driver again with the internet disconnected using DDU.

This Windows 11and 10 Tech site gives you step per step instructions on how to do it on Windows Pro and higher versions and Windows Home editions:

Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update & Activation Tutoria...

elevenforum- enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2232/

Either links are valid for both Windows editions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

That is Windows Update installing the wrong AMD Driver. You need to permanently disable Windows Update from updating drivers.

Then install the AMD driver again with the internet disconnected using DDU.

This Windows 11and 10 Tech site gives you step per step instructions on how to do it on Windows Pro and higher versions and Windows Home editions:

Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update & Activation Tutoria...

elevenforum- enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2232/

Either links are valid for both Windows editions.