cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KoiTheBot
Adept I

My AMD driver stuck in older version 2020?

I've been having a lot of continuous BSOD and I think it's the result of my AMD graphic driver but I can't exactly work out why. I then started up driver easy as I had been using it for a while and found that my AMD (TM) Graphics is outdated. I checked the details and apparently the version I have dates back to 2020 whereas the latest is 2022 (27.20.11032.6002 - 30.0.21017.1000).

I don't know if this is a glitch or bug or completely false but I have been doing multiple new installations of AMD software and drivers but it seems to remain even after doing so. Should I go to device manager and completely delete the Driver or assume the system performance is the result of something else because my Bsods are a result of ntoskrnl.exe which refers to faulty drivers and AMD is the only one that is constantly faulty. The software won't even open because it's incompatible, probably because the software is more updated than the current driver I have installed.

I've disabled automatic updates so windows don't do any automatic updates and I've tried DDU once and it temporarily stopped Bsods from happening but not for a while. Clean installation by uninstalling software and deleting files is also something I did but also didn't work.

Screenshot 2022-06-13 103113.pngScreenshot 2022-06-13 103537.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

With AMD processor, and Nvidia GPU you don't really need AMD gpu driver. It does have a integrated gpu (vega 7) but you're not using that because you have NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti. I wouldn't worry about it.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
bobalazs
Elite

DDU disables auto win update so you should be install 21.10.1

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes

Knowing your computer information would really help in making suggestions.

But from your image your seemed to have a AMD APU processor with Integrated Graphics and a Nvidia GPU card.

Are you using both your motherboard's video outputs besides your GPU card video outputs?

Because generally your GPU card would be the main display adapter for your PC and not your AMD Integrated Graphics.

How many monitors do you have connected to your PC?

It is possible that the Nvidia Graphic driver might be causing some conflict with the AMD Graphics driver. 

But that is as far as I can go without know your Make & Models of your Motherboard, CPU, RAM & Windows and AMD & Nvidia Graphics driver versions you have installed.

0 Likes

Sorry bout that, didn't think the model was needed.

I'm using an :

ASUS TUF GAMING A15 FA506IU (with) an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti and AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics (Integrated Graphics)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB 
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 11

Also if it wasn't clear in my first post, I curious if my version of my intergrated graphics is acturally outdated, because its not my main graphic card (obviously). Is it abnormal that my version dates back to 2020 or is that just how its supposed to be?

0 Likes

Actually, Just now I uninstalled the integrated driver and after restarting, it's back in its place but now in a later version (Instead 2020, now 2022)

Was this the right course of action or have I messed my laptop up even more?

I don't know much about the difference between a graphics driver and integrated graphics. I've been using auto-detect to try to update it but it didn't seem to make a difference. DO I actually need Radeon software because I use NVIDIA for my graphics driver and the Radeon software occasionally becomes incompatible for no apparent reason? Do I really need to update it through the software?

Screenshot 2022-06-15 174945.png

0 Likes

With AMD processor, and Nvidia GPU you don't really need AMD gpu driver. It does have a integrated gpu (vega 7) but you're not using that because you have NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti. I wouldn't worry about it.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes