cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

federicodettofred
Journeyman III

Multiple "Driver Timeout" errors

Hello! I'm new here, but I'm writing this because I have serious issues with AMD drivers.

My specs are: Ryzen 5 5600X, RX 6700XT, 16 GB RAM, ASUS PRIME B550 PLUS

Most games are fine (I'm playing Forza Horizon 5 with no issues, same for Far Cry 6 and many others), but two titles are particularly problematic: Death Stranding and The Medium. After playing for 10-15 minutes with these two games I always get a "Driver Timeout" error and I simply can't proceed because Windows almost freezes and I have to CTRL+ALT+CANC to close the game and get back to a normal situation. I have already used AMD Cleanup tool and I have reinstalled drivers multiple times, temperatures are fine and Windows shows no issues. I've never had this kind of problems with my Nvidia GTX 970 and now I literally can't complete these two games because of drivers. What should I do?

0 Likes
4 Replies
J_V_B_
Adept I

Do you have radeon anti-lag enabled. Because the latest release mentions disabling that as a temporary fix: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-11-3#:~:text=during%20marvel%E2%80%99s....

0 Likes

0 Likes

Already read it and rolling back drivers had zero impact on my case. The fact is that only Death Stranding and The Medium are "broken" to the point I can't continue. Other games had crashes or shutdowns but they were random and temporary. Those two games literally freeze in the same exact parts. Also, I just noticed my GPU junction temperature is often over 100C, while the GPU temperature never even reaches 60C. 

0 Likes

No, I never used Anti-Lag or other AMD game services. 

0 Likes