temeroleee
Newcomer

multi monitor disable/enable causes freezes

Hi!

I have a weird and annoying problem.

First the setup i am currently using:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 @ 3.9Ghz + Raijintek Ereboss

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x8GB 3000Mhz + Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000Mhz @ 1.35V

MOBO: MSI X470 Gaming Plus (A.40 bios version)

VGA: MSI RX 480 8GB Gaming X

MONITORS: LG 25UM57, ACER KG241-P

So.. my primary monitor is the Acer (via DP cable), the secondary is the LG (HDMI).

Sometimes I turn off the acer monitor (watching a movie via the LG monitor and I don't need the Acer to be turned on) which means that windows will remove it from the available screens so the LG becomes the primary and only one that is recognised.

So far so good but when I turn the Acer back on then comes the weird part.

IF I do this multiple times lots of things that are hardware accelerated gets weird. If I start up a game for instance the PC freezes completely multiple times. It looks like that the application cannot decide what screen to use... The screen goes black a few times as well.

Turning on/off the acer monitor from now makes the PC freeze when it switches between multi/non-multimonitor mode.

Another problem is that if I open a video via Media Player Classic and it's a hardware accelerated video then the PC freezes a few times during the opening of the video.

This problem occured for a while with youtube videos as well. The problematic part was the swithing between fullscreen and nonfullscreen modes. The PC freezes completely for a few seconds during that...

Currently I am using 19.7.2 driver. I have tried using 4-5 different version. No luck. The issue is still unsolved. Installing a new driver solves it temporarely but the problem will occur after a while... sadly.

Oh and one more thing. The AMD Problem Report Wizard is kinda broken. The textbox check for the name is not working as intended. As I see the non-english characters are not handled correctly. I live in Hungary, so é,á,ű,ő,ú,ó characters are probably makes the check not function properly.

If anyone had this problem please tell me how can I solve it permanently.

Thank You for the help in advance!

TeMeRolEee

0 Likes
3 Replies
temeroleee
Newcomer

Latest Win10 build with 19.7.5 driver and the issue still occured after some time. Now one of my monitors don't wake up properly, only replugging the HDMI cable solves the problem.

Downloading the latest driver (19.9.2) which will probably make the issue disappear for some time aand it will show up AGAIN.

Dear AMD... pls fix this! So annoying...

0 Likes
temeroleee
Newcomer

Well I guess this issue will never be fixed and it looks like nobody cares about this issue. F.ckin brilliant.

0 Likes
temeroleee
Newcomer

Found out something. I moved a window above a youtube fullscreen video which freezes the pc for a sec

The GPU frequency drops from around 800-1200Mhz to 300Mhz during the freeze.

0 Likes