cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

justbones
Adept I

MSX RX 5700 XT Gaming - Need help with VR

This guy bought a MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming  X and it was amazing and had this wonderful feature,

"AMD Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) allows games to render at higher resolutions (above the native resolution of the display) and then rescales them down to a lower native display resolution. When this feature is enabled, virtual resolutions beyond the native resolution of the display will be available in a wide variety of games and applications, including the Windows® Desktop."

Then, an even more wonderful thing happened, they updated the software.  After a quick DDU, games and stability were amazing and with every update things were getting better and better...usually.  You see it's VSR, it was never the same.

I tried enabling VSR then restart, fresh copies of the latest driver and nothing. Refreshed windows, formatted the drive the whole nine yards but alas VSR was never the same.  I look everywhere for advice but it seems there are only a few of us that have this problem.  Two HDMI and one DP cable later and nothing.  I can't afford to buy another TV....it used to work.

Why does it feel like everything is going to s---!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
justbones
Adept I

***UPDATE***

So I don't know why but it is my LG TV (47LM6400) for some reason VSR stopped working.  I hooked up an older 720p ViewSonic Plasma TV and it worked....looked like ass but it worked. Thanks for nothing AMD community.

0 Likes

If using a March released driver (21.3.1 or 21.3.2) roll back to Feb's last driver (21.2.3) seems VR got broken with the March drivers.

Regards: Jack

0 Likes