cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CWinter
Journeyman III

MSI RX570 8GB Driver Issues

So to start things off, I have been dealing with this issue since I first got this card. For months I have been trying to find a solution. My issue is bad FPS in every game no matter the settings I have the game at it will always look the same. Steam FPS counter will tell me I am getting anywhere from 60-100 FPS when it looks like 25-30. I can temporarily fix these issues by downloading really old drivers. For example, a good one that somewhat works in 19.12.2. Today the beta opened for BattleField 2042 and it required me to update. As soon as I updated it when back to the same thing. Not only in BF2042 but in other games such as CS:GO, and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. I am at the point where I'm going to swap it for a GTX 950 ti that I have laying around and suffer with 45-50 FPS because these drivers don't only make it look like 25-30 FPS it also causes the game to stutter horribly. I contacted AMD support about this and they told me to "Stick with older drivers if they work" well now that a game I want to play requires newer ones I would like to find a fix. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the newer Radeon graphics drivers are not backwards compatible with older graphics cards. This is a software and hardware problem that also affects the 5000 and 6000 series. Since November 2020 I have had constant problems with my RX5700XT while playing. If possible, switch to the competitor. Unfortunately the prices are exorbitantly high at the moment.

0 Likes
81z3r0
Adept I

I have an RX570 8GB too and no joke it's been constant problems for almost 3 years... I don't have any issue with FPS like you it is always a driver timeout issue.

Can you post your full system specs?

Apart from using the older drivers what else have you tried?

0 Likes

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x

16gb ram

rx570

ASRock b450m pro 

Other than older drivers I have tried switching between Fullscreen and Windowed Borderless in games, but that only works depending on what drivers I have installed at the time. Nothing really seems to work. I have recently ran into an issue where it is now auto-updating drivers without my permission. 

0 Likes