cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

luchocl
Journeyman III

MSI RX 5600XT GAMING X Random green screen crashes.

Hi everyone,

I'm having random green screen crashes on my card, can you help me? 

Just a week ago I bought my 5600 XT, installed 20.4.2 and worked great for a couple days of light gaming but the other night i was on a video call and my pc crashed to a green screen, it didn't reboot or anything, just stayed green. Since then i've had a lot of crashes ocurring randomly on games, sometimes no crash, sometimes minutes into the game.

I decided to install windows clean and curently i'm running no drivers and no crashes so far, but can't really game anymore. What can I do? what is it reccomended? I'd really like keep the card, price was insane for me, and Nvidia is way too expensive for the same performance, but i can't really use it.

Computer Type: Custom Built

GPU: MSI RX 5600 XT GAMING X

CPU: i5 9400

Motherboard: MSI B365 PRO-VH

RAM: XPG GAMIXX D30 8GB X2

PSU: CORSAIR CV550.

Case: XIGMATEK SCORPIO 2 INTAKE/ 2 EXHAUST

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO Ver. 10.0.19041.388

GPU Drivers: 20.2.4, now no drivers intalled.

GPU BIOS: TV381MH.344

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
aamirshakir98
Journeyman III

MSI Gaming X RX5600xt Fix

Took me a week to fix it. I installed Radeon Drivers 20.9.1 using the method in this RX 5600XT Rebooting, Crashing, Blackscreen? Here is the fix! -- LGH - YouTube  video but i was still having the same green screen crash issue. Turned off Hardware acceleration in Discord and other apps and Turned off gaming mode in MSI Dragon Center. This fixed my issue and its working fine since then. The rx5600xt card doesn't like other apps which offer gaming enhancement modes. Be sure to turn off any gaming enhancement modes in your companion softwares.

0 Likes