comparison with the time i would have to spend trying to get this R390x to

work - its paid for itself already - the AMD card is not fit for purpose -

GET RID ASAP - because before too long you wont be able to sell it - cause

nobody will buy em - or the price will crash and you will be out of pocket

again,,,

fbepyon
Adept I

Re: MSI R9 390, Driver crashing, Help

Looks like I have found one program that will not run still with the 390 graphics card...

The Unreal Engine 4 in general does not like the new drivers...

When I run the Unreal Engine 4 SDK it crash as soon as the world opens up.. So games working aside (at least the one I play).. I would still like to finish developing one!!

@AMD

Please fix this part now.. I have sent a crash log to Epic..

Thanks..

0 Likes
ohheyitsjosh
Adept I

Hi guys,

I've been lurking this thread since August and just registered. I just wanted to tell you guys who ordered from NewEgg to hound the reps into giving you a refund/exchange. I just spoke to NewEgg and got them to agree to let me return the card for store credit. I've had my Asus R9 390 Strix since mid-August and they are letting me return it. So don't give up hope guys! Well of course give up hope of AMD ever fixing this issue. I'll be exchanging for a GTX 970, and I will NEVER purchase any AMD product ever again. Furthermore, to AMD, I will share this experience with everyone I know and anyone else who will listen. This whole debacle is just unacceptable.

zasy99
Challenger

Yes yes yes, I got an email from Newegg who accepted my request for return, I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I was really starting to think I had lost my investment but Newegg came through even over the regular return period, thank you!

I was getting nowhere with Sapphire who still insist nothing is wrong with the cards despite all the proof I sent, my detailed explanation and the link to this forum thread.

In the meantime I have found websites in Spain, Italy, Germany and the UK all with 390/390x users having the SAME problem, hmm, makes you think...?

Now I just have to figure our how to get the card back to Newegg from the southern part of Chile.

ohheyitsjosh
Adept I

I'm so happy you had some luck! I even referenced this thread to NewEgg so they know what's up. I'm guessing this issue is starting to be heard loud and clear by retailers. I feel bad for NewEgg in a way since this isn't their fault. AMD is hurting them too, not just us.

0 Likes

Jose Y Manuel Campos 322

Rancagua

VI Región

Chile

There you go lol.

0 Likes
atrayyou
Adept II

Ebuyer offered to take mine back (I lied and said I didn't need it anymore XD), but I've narrowed my issues down completely to just Bad Company 2 since I asked to return it so I shall be declining.  Kinda a bummer, as it's one of the only modern shooter campaigns I find enjoyable.  Anyway, this card as has been proven in past generations is likely to be much more future compatible than a 970 or maybe even a 980 and I can't afford that anyway so I shall be holding out on my investment and maybe in a year or 2 I will very much thank myself.  I plan to keep this card for at least 4 years and to upgrade to 1440p at some point so giving up that 8GB isn't desirable, also the VRM cooling on this thing is beefcake

0 Likes
zasy99
Challenger

Haha, I looked that address up and got a bunch of weird results as far as what is there, one was a post office, is that what you are getting at ?

Yeah, I know, I will be going to a post office next week to see how much return shipping will be since I don't know anyone returning to the US anytime soon, I only go into town about once a week at most since its a 70 mile trip, even to check mail.

0 Likes
atrayyou
Adept II

Well here's something weird, I was on a forum thread earlier reading to try and fix a problem with Wolfenstein TNO which is in no way related to the card, and someone mentioned that their problem may have been caused by their PCI Express lane being limited to 16x v2 for no reason (which is basically 8x v3).  So I checked mine out in GPU-Z and it says it's capable of v3 but is running at v1.1!!!  I don't know if this is yet another problem with the drivers, but it doesn't seem to be hitting my performance too hard, just something that you guys might want to check out.

0 Likes

Yeah lol. It was a post office address I looked up for you .