warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Re: MSI R9 390, Driver crashing, Help

What benchmark?

0 Likes
daedelous
Adept II

There was no benchmark running when firefox crashed.

I previously tried the FF14 Heavensward Benchmark (which seems to be the goto tester for the drivers), still crashed.

0 Likes
warpfact0r10
Forerunner

This thread is really baffling as I experience none of what is being described with my 290 on Win 8.1.

0 Likes
seether831
Adept III

With all the crashing issues introduced by the new driver.... I think I will just stick to 15.8..... As to the notes I see for 15.9 that is very disappointing. Only acknowledges GTA V and FFXIV and on the 390X (not the standard 390). Nevermind that this occurs under Direct X11 in general in relations to hardware acceleration (and on 390 , 390x , 380 , 380x). This is very frustrating to see.

0 Likes
warpfact0r10
Forerunner

For anyone who would like to troubleshoot individually with me, please send a me a private message. I'm happy to assist. I play ARK and BF4 for hours on Win 8.1 with my 290. I bet we can figure some of these issues out.

0 Likes
zasy99
Challenger

The 200 series does not have this issue so that is why you are not experiencing it with your 290.

Neither does the Fury have this problem according to somebody who was in the same boat as us with their problematic 390x who was lucky enough to return it and get a Fury.

Its the 300 series, why, we can't understand since its only a slight modification of the 200 series.

Thanks for offering to help but if you go back and read my post #460 I myself and others have pinpointed the problem, there is nothing anyone can do except AMD through a driver fix although even that is proving too much it seems since months have gone by without any visible improvement, heck, it even seems to be going backwards according to reports from my colleagues above.

May sound a bit extreme but they really should just do a recall, offer all 300 series owners cash back or upgrade price difference to a Fury.

These cards are lemons....  They just need to admit it and we all move on, look how much time we have wasted on this so far.

seether831
Adept III

zasy99​ Haven't seen any complaints about the R9 Fury , 370 or 360 but the 380s and 390s seem to be plagued by AMD driver issues. Though with the 370 being on Pitcarin (7850) I would hope driver issues were not there.

0 Likes
warpfact0r10
Forerunner

Honestly, I see a LOT of references to Chrome in the thread. I have my suspicions that for some of you, your situations will be greatly improved if you uninstall Chrome. I did at one point about a year ago have some issues and removing Chrome made them disappear. Closing Chrome isn't enough, as it loves to run in the background.

0 Likes
zasy99
Challenger

danglingparticiple

Windows 7/8, DX11 games more or less stable so long as HWAC in chrome (or any other browser) is off.

Windows 10, no chrome installed, no DX11 game or benchmark will run > 30 seconds, DX9/10 games or benchmarks are fine.

Chrome can also easily be set to not run in the background via the settings, exiting will therefore terminate all chrome processes.

But again, chrome only causes issues with HWAC on which I think its safe to say we all found out months ago has to be turned off otherwise you can't play a thing (except DX9/10 games).

The issue is so defined and reproducible I don't understand why they can't fix it or just throw their arms up and say, its not fixable, recall all the cards....

I'm note trying to pick at you, just catching you up on several hundred posts and all our experiences over the last few months, not sure how far back you read.

seether831

I will be more careful then and only state that the issue is with the 390/390x

0 Likes
warpfact0r10
Forerunner

I wish I had extra money to purchase one just to test it myself.

0 Likes