cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

beachedwalrusau
Adept II

Re: MSI R9 390, Driver crashing, Help

Yeh my issues are only on dx11 games with hardware acceleration in the background. I use windows 8.1 and have to close everything else in order to play without crashes.

zasy99
Challenger

To say that's your only problem is like saying my car is fine, so long as I stay under 20mph and only drive in a straight line, otherwise my wheels will fall off and I will crash.

Its not what I bought the car to do.

Wow AMD, wow, never again, but really, what am I gonna do now?

Edit. I am also crashing while watching videos and playing.

Details:

Win 8.1, DX11 game, mkv file, video player in NON hardware accelerated mode.

No worries they'll at least acknowledge, hardware acceleration issues in GTA V next driver update release notes in the  known issues section, three months from now. Then they'll acknowledge hardware acceleration issues in everything, 6 months from then in the known issue notes section of the release notes.

0 Likes
qzmarco
Adept III

The problem with GTA V is known since version 15.7

Font: Desktop 

15.7.PNG

Shhh, we're trying to make that disappear now. I'm just saying this is horrible PR.

0 Likes
jujuface
Adept I

Just made an account to say I've been following this thread for a few days now. I planned on doing an RMA if there was no driver release this week. Just got home today and lo and behold, a beta release. Got very giddy, loaded it all up and...everything is still crashing. AND I MEAN EVERYTHING

Grid, Far Cry 4, GTA 5, Arkham knight. I don't own a game that I can play with this card. Guess I was naive for thinking a driver release would actually do what it's supposed to do. MY only question now is - is this what happens with ALL the GPUs? So if I exchange my 390 with another one, I'm going to have the same issues aren't I?

daedelous
Adept II

15.9 just made my firefox crash....granted it was quite a lot of content, it never did that before.

We're going BACK the way now!

0 Likes
daedelous
Adept II

Ok what firefox just slowed down and crashed but... it's not just firefox it's the WHOLE DRIVER crashing through firefox now.

What on earth is going on with these things?!

Yes, the it's the "driver has stopped responding and recovered" message for A BROWSER...

0 Likes
qzmarco
Adept III

I'm already getting the message in Chrome for a while.

0 Likes
daedelous
Adept II

Crashed firefox again and this time no youtube tabs were loaded.

I'm..actually amazed, what won't cause this driver to crash?

0 Likes