cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dr0pdead
Adept I

Re: MSI R9 390, Driver crashing, Help

Got reply from AMD today, though its not very informative.

"Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for your mail.

Please be informed that this is a high priority issue and we're looking to fix it asap. I suggest you to bw patience and wait for the next update. Once we have another update we will let everyone know about it via the AMD Forums and AMDCare."

0 Likes
zasy99
Challenger

beergogglesftw

There, I edited my post and altered the phrase, you were correct, so say we all

0 Likes
qzmarco
Adept III

15.9 Beta released. Dont' resolve yet.

Resolved Issues:

• [59474] Diablo 3 crashes in the Act 2 Desolate Sands area of the game
    • [59081] The AMD Catalyst Control Center 'update' option fails to download the latest driver
    • [58800] Dragon Age: Inquisition may crash if launched in Mantle mode
    • [58781] The DirectX® Diagnostic tool does not report DirectX® 12 available on supported products
    • [58677] World of Warships may crash on some AMD Radeon HD5000 and HD6000 series products
    • [58646] Assassin's Creed® Unity may experience minor frame stutter when AMD CrossFire™ mode is enabled
    • [58485] Anti Aliasing settings not being retained after changes are applied
    • [58450] Some BENQ 144hz Freesync™ monitors may lose the signal while uninstalling the driver
    • [58495] DiRT Rally™ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectX® 11 mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors

Known Issues:

• [57189] GTA V crashes on some AMD Radeon R9 390X GPU's
    • [76899] Star Wars: Battlefront Bata -  Flickering may be experience if AMD Crossfire is enabled
    • [56099] Corruption may occur in DiRT Rally™ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled
    • [59792] A black screen may be encountered on bootup on Windows 10 systems. The system will ultimately continue to the Windows login screen.
    • [76930] Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PoweDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI cable
    • [76924] A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K Youtube content
    • [59475] Elite: Dangerous - poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode
    • [59298] Final Fantasy XIV - Heavensward may crash when run in DirectX 11® mode and borderless window mode
    • [58870] Some applications may fail to launch on some Mobility platforms when launched in High Performance mode
    • [425417] Windows 10 driver installation may halt on some systems with an AMD 990FX chipset and AMD CrossFire™ enabled
    • [58506] Mad Max - Color corruption is observed when Alt+Ctrl+Del is pressed followed by the Escape key

AMD Catalyst 15.9 Beta Driver for Windows

0 Likes
kord_12_7
Adept II

LOL!!! I have no words.

0 Likes
crunkshaft
Adept II

DENIED!!!!!

0 Likes
daedelous
Adept II

Running HW benchmark under DX11 now, lets see how it does (and it's windowed mode, max settings)

0 Likes
beachedwalrusau
Adept II

ATI are hopeless. Bad communication and bad driver support.

I have been around quite a few game forums on steam and seen black screen issue threads, then go into them and nearly everytime it is the r9 390 that the person is complaining about. I wish i had gone the Nvidia now.

baumber12
Adept I

I'm downloading it right now. If the driver still does not work, I am going to stay true to my word and join the Green team once again. So don't be surprised if you see my account name selling this card on Ebay. But if it comes down to it, I will be nice and post the link here just in case if you guys want to check it out.

0 Likes
daedelous
Adept II

It completed one loop (more than it normally does) before it crashed again.

What on earth are they doing, this SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING, it took them ONE WHOLE MONTH SINCE THE LAST BETA DRIVER TO SIMPLY WRITE IT WAS A KNOWN ISSUE IN THE UPDATE NOTES?

zasy99
Challenger

And I kept writing them saying "you do realize its an issue with ALL DirectX 11 titles, not just the ones I used in my benchmarking, can you confirm that you are indeed working on a general fix for DirectX 11 and not just a few game titles".

To which.......... drum roll.......... I got no replies...........

I sent that message several times.

/epic facepalm