cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

anvi
Adept II

Re: MSI R9 390, Driver crashing, Help

With Windows 10 drivers from Windows update I'm getting frequent driver crashes when playing games in windowed (full screen) mode. Exclusive full screen works better, but sometimes crashes as well.

All capture software (OBS, Raptr, Plays.TV) also cause driver crashing.

I can't even use 15.8 beta drivers because it's almost instant black screen. It can take up to 15 minutes for driver to recover, if it ever does.

Windows 10 x64 Pro

Intel i7 3930k

Asus X79 Sabertooth

Powercolor R9 390 PCS+ 8GB

Display Driver Version 15.200.1062.1004

daedelous
Adept II

This is getting to be absolutely disgusting by AMD for how little communication they have given us.

We had confirmation there was a working beta build internally about 2 weeks ago, and NOTHING AFTER THAT.

A week later from that and now there is a trainwreck of RMA announcements going on, this should not be happening. AMD, please release the internal build you have even as a beta immediately. This cannot wait any longer.

0 Likes
helidium
Journeyman III

ray_mamdmatt Anything new with the drivers. We were supposed to get an update last week, and still nothing!?! Please update the estimated release date so we can at least expect something.

0 Likes
atrayyou
Adept II

You really can't shake your head.  Just cause you have been lucky enough to fix the issue just by not watching a YouTube video specifically with chrome, doesn't mean others are as fortunate.  They've paid upwards of $330 for a card that simply does not play modern games to a reasonable standard no matter what they do, and nobody deserves to put up with that, regardless of if it will be fixed with time.  Some people have no empathy...

zasy99
Challenger

thewebsiteisdown

Hang on, I read your statement to say that with your 7970 you crash when HWAC is on but turning it off allows you to play.

Us 390x users can't play anything DX11 in Windows 10 regardless of HWAC on or off, heck, even if the game is the only thing running.

seether831
Adept III

daxtrax​ Butthurt? Seems like valid complaints to me. Especially regarding Windows 10 and the crashing regardless of driver version and HWAC. Under 8.1 and 7 so long as you don't run anything else yeah the cards great. But the point is that we shouldn't have to do this to make it run. I feel sorry for anyone whos a streamer with this card. Because at the moment they can't stream (some people make a living this way.) You might be alright with a company taking months to release a fix but the majority of us have had this issue since the cards launched.

You read that correctly sir. They have stuff all messed up right now. Considering all that I've done and all that I've trouble shot yes I can say without a doubt that the 7970 is having the same crash issues when hardware acceleration is involved on windows 10 for sure.

0 Likes
seether831
Adept III

Save for the fact that the 390/390x situation is far worse as we can't even run games momentarily on Windows 10 without an almost immediate crash.

I was able to get it running for 6 - 7 hours for sure without a doubt with out a crash but it took a lot of cleansing on the driver side in windows to get that. My pcie root port hub seemed to be the winner in making it, not as bad. I used driver booster to get the most recent drivers possible for my chip set as the mani. stopped doing drivers for my mb about 3 years ago which I believe to be the biggest cause of these issues we're seeing. I do believe the drivers need to be cleaned up as well and possibly a firmware update to resolve the rest of the issues.

0 Likes
seether831
Adept III

I've checked my drivers as well helped in Windows 8.1 but not 10 sadly.