Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zasy99
Challenger

Re: MSI R9 390, Driver crashing, Help

qzmarco

Indeed, my 560ti has no problems either, Win7/8/10, DirectX 9/10/11, Windowed/Fullscreen, HWAC on/off, you get the idea....

baumber12
Adept I

Thanks a lot MSI! Even though they specifically said that they would call me back before the end of the day, they never did! Looks like the customers are just hurried out the door and instantly forgotten about these days. Whatever, if I don't get an email or hear back from them tomorrow then I'm going to raise hell for both MSI and AMD's customer service.

mirgus
Adept I

*** ABUSIVE LANGUAGE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED HERE *** I HATE it to stuck on my HDD with Win 7... Nvidia released 2 Drivers in the last weeks.. AMD didnt manage to release even a beta driver

dr0pdead
Adept I

I don't get one thing. Why R9 390s have mostly positive reviews and average 4 eggs on newegg. Those people are playing different games, which do not crash or they don't play at all (doubt it)?

I played Alien: Isolation two days ago at night for 3 hours and it didn't crash. I already thought this game is not affected by this issue. But next day it started crashing like crazy. Exactly same way as GTA Online.

Maybe I should try to RMA this thing and get replacement.

0 Likes
rhys93b
Journeyman III

Does this problem also occur in The Witcher 3? I bought GTA 5 and it is unplayable and so I am hoping to pass the time with The Witcher 3. Just want to confirm it doesn;t get this error with The Witcher too? Thanks!

0 Likes
qzmarco
Adept III

The problem occurs when there is another application using HW acceleration while the game. For example, if the person is broadcasting the game via OBS, or if she plays using Skype to talk to, or even if you are running a video on Youtube via Google Chrome on a second monitor for example.

Affected are all games that use DX11. The zasy99 has already tested this in an earlier post.

0 Likes
mxmoff
Journeyman III

Hello!

Ordered Gigabyte 390. Now I'm worried that it will not operate normally. This problem only on Windows 10 / 8.1?

I use Windows 7

Maybe withdraw from the purchase. and look towards nvidia?

zasy99
Challenger

qzmarco

"The zasy99​ "  Haha, I like that!

rhys93b

Yes, qzmarco is correct, read my post #460 here for the details.

Granted everyone's system is a bit different but it is such an exact definable and repeatable problem that I can only assume it is what others are experiencing for the most part as well.

Also, on top of the DirectX, Hardware Acceleration and Operating System Compatibility issue most if not all of us are having one must not forget that in general some games are more or less stable on certain GPU's, Operating Systems and driver versions.  Sometimes such stability issues are corrected via game patches.  Of course this just adds to the overall problem of testing and finding out out why a certain title may or may not work but like I was able to determine that the problem I was experiencing is so exact and repeatable that it cannot be written off as a coincidence or fluke issue.

dr0pdead
Adept I

The case is that I close everything when I play a game. No broadcasting, no skype. Chrome is not even installed, I use FF and I close it for sure. And no second monitor here. Also GTA Online crashes same way when I set it to DX10.

atrayyou
Adept II

This issue is very rare when we consider the size of the silent majority, so you should be fine.  The issue is even less common on the Gigabyte cards, but it seems to be only rarely that the OS makes much of a difference, so we can remove the win7 thing.  Only a few people have managed to fix their problems, so I recommend getting in contact with your seller instantly if you have a problem, don't waste time trying to fix unless you have an old mobo, in which case try a new BIOS.  Closing background apps, especially media players and browsers, seems to work too.  If these quick fixes don't work, then like I say talk to the seller and sort something out  (I was lucky, others less so), replacement 390s make no difference, I reccomend a refund and a new card, 290X or 970.

0 Likes