cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zasy99
Challenger

Re: MSI R9 390, Driver crashing, Help

You can read info about Win10 build 10547 here.

From what I read they didn't improve to much that would matter to us.  Thank you though.

0 Likes
kord_12_7
Adept II

BTW, tried to run DX12 benchmark, TDR crash, good job AMD!

paulie1984
Adept II

the DX12 over head test works extremely well for me with my r9 390. just dx11 that has issues.. also the Unreal 4 elemental tech demo works very well

0 Likes
zasy99
Challenger

cken23

I say I am limited because I didn't buy a modern day GPU to have to install on older OS and only run 1 hardware accelerated program at a time.

By the way, it has been shown that Windows 7 and 8.1 are the same in regards to this DX11 issue so insisting to use Windows 7 when the card and drivers perform the same as in 8.1 can now be laid to rest.

I bought it to run in Windows 8.1 and expected it to work in Windows 10, it was after all advertised as doing so.

I also have 4 monitors, 3 lower and 1 upper, I expect to be able to use them all or 3 at least at any one time.

The center one for gaming with the left and right ones showing a web browser with hardware acceleration ON as well as another monitor displaying whatever I want such as performance and temp information, ventrilo or teamspeak panel, whatever I want it to.  Not be limited to only running 1 thing at a time due to lousy drivers and a card that doesn't deliver what its advertised to do.

If my 1gb vram 560ti from ~ 4 years ago can do this (albeit 2 monitors due to output limitations by design) why can't a brand spanking new 390x ?

And no, its not because of 4 years of driver revisions, it worked perfectly in any situation from day one out of the box.

zasy99
Challenger

Exactly, you said it first, I was going to point that out but I thought I would let you read it and come to the same conclusion.

None of those changes address actual problems it seems, just a few light weight tweaks to visual aspects and ease of use items.

0 Likes
crunkshaft
Adept II

Now Grid autosport crashes and I upgraded to the latest build. Same amd driver failure. Could be because it was windowed and skype was in the background but this is just a joke. Bf4 is fine though. Were ten days after amdmatt said anything and theres is still no fix- if only I sent it back. I lost all my patience. RELEASE THE FIX

fr0ztz
Journeyman III

Hi,

I know this setup has been mentioned before to get games running, i just want to see if anyone else has had success:

For those who have not read other posts, the issue with gpu hardware accelerated apps running (other than the game) seem to be the cause of the 300 series driver crash. I have literary tested everything there is and im not going to list them here as we have all read and tried them already i'm sure.

My working gaming setup:

Fresh Win8.1 Pro(visual effects on performance, not sure if this does anything but hey why not)

Amd Driver 15.15 <- possible that newer drivers will work but i'm sticking on this one as this setup is working! (i was just testing all the drivers with fresh system)

Steam <- Turn off / disallow streaming, when someone watches my game it will crash within 10mins

Teamspeak

Chrome (with hardware acceleration off)

SpeedFan

Razor Synapse

Xonar Essence (soundcard driver panel)

HW:

sandybridge 4.6 o/c 2500k

8gb 1600mhz

MSI r390x Gaming 8gb

4 Displays attached (gaming on one)

**Amd rapture capture thingy, closed via task manager

I played GTA for 6 hours straight! first time i've been able to play in ages (well since giving my old 780 to my bro lol) Like having a gaming pc all over again, goodtimes! Gta crashes on my Win10 installed drive with the same hardware every 20mins or less.

Tested MGS V, all good as well, no crashing.

Games maxed on settings and using dx11.

I'm running the above on an external ssd for now until they fix it and i'll then go back to my win10 install. Win10 by day for work and Win8.1 by night! not ideal but it's working dammit!

Anyone else got this workaround going?

0 Likes
thekingofnom
Adept I

Guys, should I contact MSI and try to get a replacement at this point? I'm figuratively dying here. Its so annoying at this point that I'm. I got my 390x of somewhere else so i can't get a refund so now I'm desperate. Earlier, EVGA had its 980 (b-stock) on sale for 370.

0 Likes
mrowlison
Adept I

Well I RMAd my card after the issues and just got this message from the retailer:

"Item Returned: 21/09: Your item is shipping in the next 48 hours, tracking details will be issued on dispatch. "

So apparently the distributor thinks they have fixed the issue somehow, we'll see I suppose.

Sapphire 390X btw.

0 Likes