cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zasy99
Challenger

Re: MSI R9 390, Driver crashing, Help

Tech support replied to me except it was yet another moment to /facepalm (I keep using that gesture but I find it quite fitting in these situations).

I had printed out my post #460 with all my detailed tests, setup parameters everything and the reply was to do things I had said I had already tried.

Nothing annoys me more than when I take the time to make a very detailed submission in order to give the receiver ie. tech support the best opportunity and assistance in resolving the issue and then get a reply that basically shows whoever read it didn't take any notice of my work and gives me a generic response.

Unfortunately I am not in the US anymore so I am limited in what I can do, I can also not return the card because I am not up for paying $150 + in shipping and in addition re-stocking fees.

If there is no resolution soon I will be contacting the manufacturer and discussing alternative avenues because how can one be stuck with a near on $500 device that doesn't do what its supposed to.

The box should have read "Warning, this device is not yet compatible with DX 11 or Windows 10".

Fine, I would have known then and there not to buy it.

I returned it today. Good luck guys. Had another crash, done.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I suspect a new driver to surface soon. I also suggest grabbing GPU-Z and posting a screenshot so I can see what card and vbios is being used etc

0 Likes
dr0pdead
Adept I

Installed new Asus Strix R9 390 three days ago. GTA Online crashes, though the single player works fine. Most of the time it crashes within first 30 seconds. The screen freezes and it shows "Gta V stopped working" or "err_gfx_d3d_init". No matter DX 10 or 11 (Windows 8.1). And I never had even a single crash with Asus R9 280x. I removed Strix earlier today, wiped off all drivers in safe mode, installed R9 280x again and it worked great for few hours (beside those famous 280x's artifacts that appear from time to time). Just put back the strix and crashing again. Don't know what to do.

kord_12_7
Adept II

Just RMA it and forget like nightmare, because AMD don't care our problems.

Four months to late though

0 Likes
zasy99
Challenger

Sapphire 390x

390x GPUZ.gif

mrklem
Journeyman III

ex4.png

0 Likes
knightro
Adept I

380.gif

Nothing like being ignored by a company that you supported.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I have seen a lot of comments over the Hawaii GPU on several forums

Drivers are behind the curve big time