cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theacclaimed
Miniboss

Re: MSI R9 390, Driver crashing, Help

For those who are curious I can confirm that this issue with dx11 and the 390/390x does not affect the Fury. The R9 Fury Sapphire Tri-X is by far the best AMD graphics card I've ever owned.

cken23
Adept II

I suggest to go back to windows 7, that crap called windows 10 been

screwing around with my games and my r9 390. Now my stress has gone away

except that i cannot stream dx 11 games for over 15 mins becuz it crashes.i

can play dx games great without crash only if im not streaming so i suggest

go back to win7

0 Likes
zasy99
Challenger

Nice, well, maybe they should upgrade us all for free then

R* released a pretty decent patch and I've played two days now without a crash. 4 hours of game play tonight. I still think they need to utilize the card better though looking at the GPU usage.  My CPU usage is way better now. I think I might be mostly good now finally. I'm sure the streaming crash is still there but I don't stream.

0 Likes
qzmarco
Adept III

I updated the GTA V with this patch released (1:29). Still crashing. The error message is in Portuguese of Brazil, my native language.

Sapphire R9 390X.
Windows 10 x64.

Catalyst 15.8
GTA V windowed mode without borders.
Settings on Ultra / Very High.
MSAA off. (both).

PS: I had reinstalled Windows 10, so I had to start playing again. Detail to the scene is the beginning of the story mode, with about 10 minutes to play.mmZQDddU.png

0 Likes
zasy99
Challenger

If you are gonna try and play GTA V in Windows 10 you will most likely only be able to by forcing DX10 mode by using the command switch "-DX10" or "-DX10_1" for DX10.1

Otherwise DX11 should work in Windows 7 or 8 with GTA V as the only program running using HW acceleration.

See https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202518358-Available-Command-Lines-for-GTAV-on-PC for more GTA V commands.

0 Likes
scorpion986
Journeyman III

Try playing un fullscreen.   Gtav. Esa the only game i experience a crashed. And was only when I ran it in window mode.  After changed it to full screen. It hasn't crashed ever since

0 Likes
qzmarco
Adept III

I tried with the DX 10 and DX 10.1. Keeps crashing. The full screen mode also crashing and instead to present the error TDR, get the GTA err_gfx_d3d_init error.

If it was just the GTA the problem I would not mind. Using Chrome and Skype, or just Chrome also receive these messages (TDR error). I'll have to disable hardware acceleration of all software I use? Besides the Chrome I do not know what other software use ... Windows 10 should use itself.

This situation is complicated.

0 Likes
knightro
Adept I

ray_m, amdmatt

It has now been a week and there has not been any feedback from AMD.

Tech support is a terrible joke, not once has anyone made any effort to contact me. They keep sending emails to uninstall/re-install the 15.8 beta driver which also has the known problem.

Provide an update and time line for the next driver release.

machtkern
Adept II

Not yet fixed ?

Unbelievable failure from AMD

0 Likes