cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

x7nick7x
Journeyman III

MSI MECH RX5700 crashing during games (rebooting)

My build is Ryzen 5 3600 CPU (stock cooler), MSI b450 Tomahawk MAX, MSI Mech rx5700, 16gb corsair vengeance 3000 mhz ram. Corsair CX750m bronze PSU.

When I play any game, it will randomly reboot the whole system after going to a black screen. I've monitored temps and it is around 60 C when it happens so I don't believe its thermal issue. Any ideas?

We have already wiped the gpu drivers and reinstalled, and we have flashed BIOS to newest.

0 Likes
3 Replies
tiolpx
Adept I

exact same issue with the exact same specs.

0 Likes

I fixed it. Its the power supply. The Corsair one is falsely rated. I got a gold EVGA 650 and haven't had issues since. 

I mean the only thing different about my build and yours is the fact I have a Seasonic supernova PSU and I have the RGB 3600mhz vengeance, I just put my build together on pcpartpicker and it said it was under 400W and my PSU is like 550, like you said it could be wrongly rated but it was just fine on my old rx580 build which was around the same wattage, I feel like its probably the fact I'm using adrenaline 19.12.2 since 20.1.3 bluescreens and obviously 19.12.2 is outdated, kinda like driver limbo tbh.

0 Likes