Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Joelyboy
Journeyman III

MSI Gaming X 5600XT Crashes

Hi there, 

I wondered if anyone could assist me.

I have a MSI Gaming X 5600XT. Built my first PC nearly a year ago now with the help of a friend. Pretty much from the start, i've been having game crashes due to "Live Kernel Event 141" and driver crashes that say "General Radeon Wattman drivers have crashed, default wattman settings have been restored."

I've tried using the AMD uninstaller to uninstall all drivers and then add in again - Didn't work

I've tried using DDU to uninstall all drivers and add them back in - Didn't work

I always run the most up to date version of the available AMD drivers, always have windows updated although I am still running Windows 10.

The weird thing seems to be that it only occurs on certain games and was more frequent around a year ago, past 6 months it's maybe happened 3 times a week however in the past few weeks, it's happening nearly every time I launch a game.

For reference I play the below games often:

CSGO - Never crashes, once or twice in 700 hours.

APEX - 50:50 whether it crashes or not

World of Tanks - Will crash, I'll load it up again and it will be fine the rest of the day

F1 2021 - Crashes occasionally

Rainbow Six Siege - Crashes almost every time.

DayZ - Never crashes, I believe it has crashed once in 300 hours of gameplay.

Happy to answer any more questions but I would be greatful if anyone could help

0 Likes
7 Replies

Could it be driver related?

if so what drivers are  you using and did it happen with any previous drivers?

0 Likes

Thanks,I'm using the current up-to-date drivers. These are 22.1.2 offered by AMD

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

What are the rest of your PC specs? ..including PSU make/model

How are your CPU/GPU temps?

Is your motherboard's BIOS up to date?

Are you overclocking anything?

What are you using to cool your CPU?

How is the airflow in your case? You have to keep your VRM's and memory cool too

Have you checked the health of your system drives?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Rest of specs - Ryzen 5 3600, 16gb Corsair Ram 3600 MHZ, Corsair TX650M PSU, 1 TB seagate drive, 512gb WD Black M.2.

CPU Temps in games are usually between 60-70 degrees. GPU even less, maybe 55-65.

Bios is up to date

Nothing is overclocked

Stock AMD cooler on my CPU although I have bought a cooler recently, just haven't fitted it yet.

Airflow is good, case name is 275R airflow with mesh at the front.

System drive health were fine last time I checked.

0 Likes

What i was asking before, did you have any of these problems with any of the previous drivers?

0 Likes

Sorry, missed this part!

Yes, ever since I built my PC over a year ago i've had the issues. It hasn't been too bad in the past 6 months but recently it's pretty much every time I launch a game.

0 Likes

Also if the card has two power connectors, check to make sure you connect the card's power connectors to two separate PCIe cables from your Power Supply, make sure you are not using two connectors from the same PCIe cable. I hope you get it fixed.

0 Likes