cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Movies & TV Windows App lagging

Good morning,

My movies & tv apps lagging a lot, sluttering, which not allows me to watch any videos. It's happened after new AMD GPU was installed 2 weeks ago. I had GTX 1050 and updated to RX 6650XT. I made a video of lagging, as you can see, firstly it's Movies & TV, it's lagging a lot. Second is a default Windows Media player and it's way better. And, last one is AMD Radeon Software. I tried to watch same video through different applications and you can see a result. Maybe is there any way to fix this bug or what is it?

My Relive settings:

DeadlyValentine_0-1659161207981.png

6 Replies

I have the same issue and it started happening recently. I have a 6800xt. Let me know if you find a fix.

kidi
Journeyman III

kidi
Journeyman III

don't know why everyone is necroposting on those old threads, but this problem was related to 'enhanced sync' option set to 'forced off' and broken for a lot of driver releases and then eventually got fixed few releases later.

0 Likes
ennahack
Adept I

I've been experiencing significant lag and stuttering issues with the Movies & TV app on my Windows system, making it impossible to enjoy videos. This problem arose shortly after I upgraded from a GTX 1050 to an RX 6650XT AMD GPU two weeks ago. To illustrate the issue, I recorded a video showcasing the severe lag in the Movies & TV app compared to the smoother performance in the default Windows Media Player and AMD Radeon Software.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Did you get it sorted out @DeadlyValentine ?

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
Hmzi1122
Journeyman III

I've been unable to view videos on my Windows machine due to severe slowness and stuttering issues with the Movies & TV app. Currently working through that.

0 Likes