cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zplosion
Journeyman III

Mouse lag when monitor is turned off

Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off.

This is not fixed for me and has never been fixed over the 3 years I've owned my RX 480.

I have 2 monitors. When the first monitor is off, the second stutters. The first does not stutter. The second monitor works fine in extended mode. Before, I was putting the monitors in extended mode and turning the first off, but now I run a triple monitor setup and the new monitor has displayport older than1.2.. so no hotplug and this workaround doesn't work with it.

I have tried the fix of disabling HDCP, on all monitors, it didn't work.

I have DDU'd my drivers a few times since I've been having this issue, for other issues.

I noticed that when the stuttering happened, the monitor in question would disappear for a fraction of a second from the Windows Display Settings list.

Other people have discussed this issue, for example https://community.amd.com/message/2904417 . It seems to have a long history in this forum.

0 Likes
2 Replies
zplosion
Journeyman III

I also wiped and reinstalled Windows about 4 months ago for a platform upgrade (X470, R5 2600).

0 Likes
nofunever
Adept I

I've had the same issue for a while now. I have two different builds of windows, one is current, the other is a preview build. Issue has persisted on both for a long time. Really annoying. Someone says using hdmi only and no dp solved his problem but freesync only works on my primary monitor over dp so i'm goofed on that one. 

0 Likes