Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

subg
Adept I

Mouse and Touchpad Delayed After Updating AMD Drivers

hi, there:

Yesterday AMD drivers are updated and then my laptop being very slow, the keyboard, mouse and touchpad response curser delayed. Is it intentional like apple company? otherwise why the new updates damaged the operating system. I want to contact with the authority to rollback the old version of the driver software and never update anymore. I don't like to make my laptop garbage. Please convey my message to the authority and help me to rollback the previous version of the driver. The updated version is "Radeon software version 17.12.1" I need older than this version. Please protect me from throwing my laptop to garbage.

Regards,

Subarna Giri

subarna5@outlook.com

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

It's easy to miss the link to the older versions. here you go.

Previous

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Download the previous driver version, available on the drivers download page under the link "previous drivers and software", and click the clean install option.

0 Likes

Could you please send me the link?

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

0 Likes

To prevent Windows Update from reinstalling the newer driver, make sure you make Windows from updating Windows Update drivers. If you don't know how to do this, just google "How to prevent Windows Update from installing Drivers in WindowsX ".

0 Likes

this is the link you given me

pastedImage_0.pngwhat i do with this link?

0 Likes

What?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

ray_m

Providing the information below will get you a faster response from the community.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
  • Display Devices
    • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios Version 6643
  • CPU/APU
    • Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
  • RAM
    • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue

0 Likes

Nobody gave you that link, it was in your post, likely added to your message by whatever program you are using on your phone to post to the forum

0 Likes

Could be lots of reasons for your issue...we won't know until you furnish > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

(@black_zion....Mobility drivers do not have the 'previous drivers' selection.)

0 Likes

Thanks for your prompt response.

This is the system information. Yesterday, Radeon software version 17.12.1 automatically installed and then the input response from keyboard mouse and touchpad affected (i.e. became too slow to show response on the screen. When I drag the curser, it lags behind lately. How to rollback to previous version?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

It's easy to miss the link to the older versions. here you go.

Previous

thank you much. Now my laptop became perfectly healthy.

0 Likes

No problem, you are very welcome. Glad I understood what you wanted and could help! Enjoy your computer and have a great new year!

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes