Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

poqdavid
Adept II

Re: mouse and screen lag with radeon-crimson-17.7.2

Jump to solution

Here is the thing I noticed most games in the full-screen force the mouse trails off so these days I play in window mode.

0 Likes
gobble
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

From what it seems like I've been experiencing the same issue as yourselves (laggy cursor). Here is a quick fix, i'm sure it will work for everyone here... if it doesn't let me know... i'm interested.

Solution. Adjust your monitors frequency to 60Hz or whatever it is intended to be run at by using the Windows setting (NOT your monitors settings).

And that's it. You may have to play around with a couple of different frequencies (Hz's) until you find the right one.

Directions (Windows 7 or newer):

1. Screen resolution

2. Advanced settings
3. Monitor
4. Screen refresh rate

5. Select "HIDE MODES THAT THIS MONITOR CANNOT DISPLAY"

6. Experiment with the different refresh rates until you have found one that stops the laggy cursor

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my theory.... our Hz setting is being adjusted by the Radeon driver update whenever it makes changes... so basically it goes out of wack and then we got to adjust it from there on out when the problem arises. Hz determines the refresh rate of our on screen visuals more or less... a out of sync Hz rate is what I think the culprit is here, i'm no electrical or software engineer, but I've studied the disciplines a bit... feel free to add on to this theory... i'm sure Radeon would appreciate our feedback 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

note: if you have multiple displays each operating at different frequencies then the solution may be different for you

Directions (Windows 7 or newer):

1. Screen resolution

2. Adjust "display" and "multiple display settings" until your desktop appears the way you want it

3. Return to first set of instructions above and repeat for each display (i don't have specifics for you on multiple desktop displays, my second display is a TV for media streaming and does not share any part of my desktop, you may have to fool around a bit here by yourself, I haven't explored this part of the problem yet)

Good luck!

Chris

0 Likes
phonetech2
Adept I

Jump to solution

FYI. updated to Radeon 18.4.1 today and had bad mouse lag.  Mouse would just stop responding just trying to go from one part of screen to other side. Never had any issues before with any Radeon update. Tried 2 different usb mouse, reboot, still no change - every mouse has same non- responsive lag. Have Gigabyte RX560. Browsed the forums and found this post(and couple others). Went into Device manager and rolled back driver 24.20.11001.5003 to previous version and everything working fine now. Current RX560 driver 23.20.15017.3010. Maybe this will help others.

0 Likes
s_mcduck
Adept II

Jump to solution

I can't help but wonder if there are 2 actual distinct problems here. One is with the use of third party monitoring utilities and the other is an issue with the bobcat/jaguar/puma apus? Apparently there was a fix for the APU problem that somehow got lost along the way. I've been having the mouse freeze up problem with my HP laptop (A8-7410 apu) since 17.7.x drivers (whenever the colour controls were moved into radeon settings) but with adrenaline the lag is extreme and there's no work around.

0 Likes
poqdavid
Adept II

Jump to solution

after updating to 18.5.1 I can say it works with mouse trails on.

0 Likes
ayethe
Adept I

Jump to solution

running a msi rx580 4 gig i had been running 2 monitors but in the last 2 or 3 weeks if i have the seconds monitor plugged in when you move the mouse it'll freeze the computer for a few seconds ive tried all the "mouse driver and program " fixes and they dont work ive looked into the monitors settings and them seem fine both 1080 1980 so its not having to put out 2 different resolutions both hdmi cables are good even tried a 3rd cable and a 3rd monitor in place of the second monitor and it still did it wondering if its an gpu driver problem

0 Likes
baz4096
Adept I

Jump to solution

I'm getting a similar lag problem. RX480, Win 10 latest everything. Triple displays, all identical 1080p 60Hz. All three switched on, everything's buttery smooth. As soon as I turn one monitor off, lag happens. Switch that monitor back on, lag goes away. Has been happening for a few months now, so may not be related to the OP's original problem. The only workaround I've found is to not switch secondary monitors off Instead, I've found black images and fullscreened them in Chrome so I don't have glare issues either side of my main monitor.

Here's a video: Dropbox - IMG_0404.MOV

18.8.1 Drivers updated today, but still the same issue. Feels like I've had this issue since 17.x.x but can't be 100% certain. Definitely with all 18.x.x.

0 Likes
baz4096
Adept I

Jump to solution

18.9.1 Claims this is fixed, but it isn't for me using an express upgrade. Going to try a custom clean upgrade and see if it helps.

poqdavid
Adept II

Jump to solution

I tested 18.9.3 on A8-7410 still the same nothing has changed so I am kind of stuck with 18.5.1 also I did use DDU

0 Likes
baz4096
Adept I

Jump to solution

The only fix I've found is to disable the additional monitors from Windows settings if I want to turn them "off"...

0 Likes