Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

poqdavid
Adept II

Re: mouse and screen lag with radeon-crimson-17.7.2

Jump to solution

Thanks that also worked for but I wonder why and I hope they can find a proper fix for it since this narrowed down the problem

0 Likes
logikmann
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Had to downgrade again to 17.9.1

The lag starts as soon i start a video on Netflix or Amazon prime.

The weird thing is youtube runs fine.

Clean Windows installation changed nothing.

Specs:

i5 6600k

r9 380x saphire nitro

16gig RAM

ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4.

0 Likes
02abarks
Adept I

Jump to solution

Update: I updated the driver to 17.12.1  to see if the issue stopped, it infact got worse.

The pointer trails don't stop the lagging anymore, it also seems that the lagging is now present when using the keyboard.

This issue still need a resolution.

I would go back to a custom/clean install of 17.9.1, but I could only find the desktop version so now I am stuck with a laptop that annoys me more than Dell power supplies used to.

0 Likes
poqdavid
Adept II

Jump to solution

same thing with me I really want the new drives

0 Likes
02abarks
Adept I

Jump to solution

I found the previous drivers, there is a link on the right side of the AMD driver download page. the latest working driver for my machine (A series APU with R5 Graphics) is 17.4.4, which is the latest available on that page before the broken 17.7.2 driver. I also had to hide the windows update for latest graphics driver to stop auto updates. (using the official tool at the bottom of the following webpage. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei... ) this is still not perfect as when a new driver is availible I will have to hide that one too if the lag issues are not resolved. It also appears that using 17.4.4 removes the radeon settings program and its additional features.

poqdavid
Adept II

Jump to solution

But if you keep mouse trails on 17.11.1 works tho

0 Likes
02abarks
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have some games that force the mouse trails off. If this is not a concern then using the mouse trails on 17.11.1 is an option.

0 Likes
bik95122
Adept I

Jump to solution

not only vega GPU have this problem but also my apu a6 with r4 (bit old laptop) since release of driver version 16, so yeah i am surviving on Drivers version 15 all these years sadly, Never mind, i was on Red team, now i am thinking for switching to Blue and Green team if you catch what i mean :[

0 Likes
bik95122
Adept I

Jump to solution

probably for vega cards, but not others :[

0 Likes
slakelp
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I got the exact same problem here. Whenever i launch a game for example CSGO or GTA5 or Minecraft (yes even Minecraft) my pc starts lagging and my mouse is also extremly laggy (by the way when I press F11 in Minecraft, which switches between window and fullscreen mode the same thing happens). All that ever since I changed my Graphics card from gtx 960 to amd radeon rx 580. If anyone has a solution please share it with me. I NEED HELP!

0 Likes