Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: mouse and screen lag with radeon-crimson-17.7.2

Jump to solution

OK.

Thanks for your response.

1. Do you have any other third party overclocking tools like MSI Afterburner or Sapphire Trixx installed as well as AMD Drivers?
If you do, please uninstall them.

2. Are you running any Corsair Link or other Monitoring software?
I am not suggesting you uninstall those, just for information.

3. Please do a clean boot of your machine. Log in to Windows 10.
Then immediately go to ALL Settings -> System -> Display. on the RHS of the Windows 10 Settings menu you shoulds see Resolution Tab.
Please change the resolution setting from say 1080p down to say 1680x1050, it doesnt matter exactly, then select Keep Changes.
Then reselect the previous resolution, in this example 1080p, and select Keep Changes.

Does this improve mouse lag / system responsive ness for you?

4. Can you please tell me what the Task Manager Performance Tab is reporting when you boot your machine up?
What % CPU use are you seeing.

5. Please go into All Settings -> Privacy, and turn everything off. What CPU% do you see now. Does that help your mouse response?

6. Please check if you are running and Razer applications such as Cortex or especially Synapse. Make sure you kill those processes.

0 Likes
carter
Adept I

Jump to solution

1 - Yes, I use the MSI Afterburner, version 4.4.0 Beta 15. Now if I delete it, with which application I measure the fraps of the games or worse how do I correctly control the fans of the video card to avoid overheating ??

2- Do not

3- No, I can tell you with certainty, if that improves my delay, since the delay appears suddenly and persists until I restart the computer, and then appears suddenly, sometimes restart the machine at the times I have delayed, other times to the days. I never turn off the computer nor suspend it.

4- I have an i7 7700K, and at all times the CPU is due to 5% of use.

5- Everything is blocked.

6- I do not use any such application.

I repeat, it is not only mouse delay is screen at the same time, at the same time the mouse delay, the screen also does

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Hi.

I can see that earlier you stated you are running RX480 card, is that correct?
Could you please give the following details of your System?
This is normally the "Information required when posting a question"
You might want to open a seaprate thread to deal with youe specific case or we can continue to discuss here.
If you do decide to open you own separate thread then please point me a link to it.
I will continue here for now.

Thanks.

"Providing the information below will get you a faster response from the community.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
  • Display Devices
    • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios Version 6643
  • CPU/APU
    • Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
  • RAM
    • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue"
0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Hi,

RE: 1 - Yes, I use the MSI Afterburner, version 4.4.0 Beta 15. Now if I delete it, with which application I measure the fraps of the games or worse how do I correctly control the fans of the video card to avoid overheating ??

AMD does not support users running third part overclocking tools. Running MSI afterburner with AMD Drivers has not worked properly for me since early 2017 on my system (i7-4770K/i7-4790K + Dual R9 Nanos. If you leave MSAIO Afterburnewr installed for the moment you will not know if the issue you see with your cards/system is due to the AMD driver alone or the comination of running MSI Afterburner with your card.

RE: which application I measure the fraps of the games ...

We can discuss that in detail later but there are many are applications like Fraps, PlayClay, Razer Cortex, Steam FPS monitor, OCAT, Overwolf Apps  in game console reporting commands ... to name but a few. I am more than happy to point those out to you later but I think that we need to try to get your system checked over and running better first if that is o.k.

RE: or worse how do I correctly control the fans of the video card to avoid overheating ??

If you are concerned about your GPU Fan Speeds and your card overheating, I think you should be o.k. for now to just make sure you do not run any 3D Applications like games, or anything that will load your GPU too heavily whilst we look into the Driver / display issues.system response time issue. Your GPU should be fine unlesss there is already a pre-existing hardware issue with it.

I will try to respond to your remaining answers as soon as I can, but I need to take some time away from my PC now.
Thanks again.

0 Likes
russianx88
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I found a solution to this problem, just disable the graphical monitoring from the AMD Wattman

!

look at the screen

from Russia with Love!!!

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Wattman is quite configurable hence no need for 3rd party - overclock GPU speed/voltage, Vram speed/voltage, fan speed curve (temperature control)

0 Likes
sonixmon
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

17.9.1 Fixed the issue for me too, it took longer than hoped but at least they finally got the issue resolved. Not sure why it still affects some people but hopefully they will resolve completely on next release!

0 Likes
bik95122
Adept I

Jump to solution

laptop model: Dell Inspiron 15 3541

cpu: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics (1.6ghz x4) (4GB ddr3 laptop)

gpu: AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics (memory shared from RAM is 512MB)

AMD Radeon R5 M200 / HD 8500M Series (2024mb ddr3)

OS: Windows 7 64bit, Windows 10 64bit (both i tested)(may be all windows version)

its an old laptop, but the point is, AMD claim support for this apu on latest drivers, but as after install, i getting mouse and screen lag, which is ridiculously annoying, i am facing this problem since 2016, so rollback to driver 15 (ccc) solves my problem, with is not a solution.

extra info, "system" process in taskmgr, i notice 5% to 10% usage hopping up and down constantly every second, so mouse and screen lag every second too, and also my friend having same Laptop model but without r5 gpu and he suffering from this issue as well so i can conform this problem with either cpu or primary gpu.

i have my old (very old) unsolved problem thread, with is i can say not same problem as this, but evaluated one. as AMD driver install on any windows version, "system" process start hopping 10% to 20% constantly, ...

i been stuck on driver version 15, plz solve this problem.

0 Likes
crival19
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have found a possible solution to this problem that affects several graphics cards. In my case I own an HP Pavilion laptop with an AMD A6-5200 APU processor with Radeon HD 8400 graphics.

What I did was to activate the trace of the pointer in the control panel, with this the mouse stopped having lag and it worked normally.

I hope my contribution will also work for someone else.captura.PNG

02abarks
Adept I

Jump to solution

I cant believe it but this actually worked, sadly i now have an annoying trail, but its far less annoying than the video output freezing every 5 seconds.

Updating to 17.9.1 probably would work but I tried installing 17.9.1 and it wouldn't stick and always stayed on 17.7.2

Thank you crival19.

Update: managed to clean install 17.9.1, no longer need the mouse trail to stop the lag.