Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

poqdavid
Adept II

Re: mouse and screen lag with radeon-crimson-17.7.2

Jump to solution

I have the same APU some how it started working after i turned of Arx Control in LGS

0 Likes
relayer
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have been experiencing mouse stuttering. This issue has been extremely frustrating.

Win 7

I5 2500K   mild oc to 4.0  (water cooled)

16 g ram

OS loading from SSD       (have performed recent reformat and OS re-install and update)

Saphire Nitro X RX 480 OC

Mouse is Razer Naga w/software   (have run with this and standard mouse- no difference)

I run DDU or the AMD driver clean utility each time I update graphic drivers. All driver versions starting with 17.7.2 have caused the mouse stuttering. It can be prevented by going into Task Manager and killing AMD threads. Of course you then lose any benefit of this program. There does not seem to be a way to prevent the Radeon settings app from starting with Windows, which in itself is somewhat disappointing.

I have reverted to 17.7.1 and the stutter is gone. I will await resolution from AMD before allowing future driver updates, thus foregoing any possible performance improvements via that route.

Is this just a minor quibble? NO! It happens ALL THE TIME each and every time I move the mouse no matter what I am doing on the PC. I spend hours each day on my PC and it DESTROYS the experience.

Please AMD, address this issue.

velocibear
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I am having these exact same problem and it all started when I installed my new Radeon RX Vega 64. Scrolling through webpages on a web browser and attempting to play videos on most sites cause my system to hitch up and stutter really bad with my screen and mouse cursor locking up.

Intel I5 6700K

16 GB Ram

Radeon RX Vega 64

Windows 10 Pro

0 Likes
sonixmon
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I am disappointing in the response to this and carelessness of releasing very buggy drivers. I am also disappointed with the performance using FreeSync with my RX480 and various drivers and monitor firmware.

Wish I could have afforded to go with G-Sync at this point but couldn't. 😕

0 Likes
zefah
Adept I

Jump to solution

Turns out that you can get rid of the stutter by simply disabling hardware acceleration. It's completely gone in Chrome and now Edge after I disabled it. Of course, you lose out on hardware acceleration of any kind, but it's better than encountering stops and stutters all of the time. Hopefully AMD will fix this someday.

0 Likes
miketal441
Adept I

Jump to solution

Sorry for my misinformation. I have a RX 470 SAPPHIRE NITRO+. I got my card stable by going to 17.4.4 WHQL driver , disabling ULPS and powerplay in MSI AB, and using WattTool 0.92 to change p state OC / undervolting the voltage offset from +25 to +6.25mv or 0 and setting the right voltages and turning on LLC (01). WattTool is a third party utility and it says it's for Rx cards only but people use it with rx5xx and even to undervolt Vega as well. With -4 powerlimit for 1330-1402 mHz avg. or +29% and  I seem to be stable for a couple days at 1405mhz 1148mv. No bsod ever. I undervplted my 4gb/1750mhz Hynix bus memory from 1000 to 970mv too. If you use this driver be sure to use the WHQL version, I first installed 16.11.3 then 17.4.4 and patched it . 17.7.1 and 17.4.4 no-whql caused bluescreens too. The issue is it doesn't even appear when it happens just corruption or black screen. I hope this helps unfortunately Vega owners are out of luck until the drivers are fully stable

0 Likes
msoky9
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

try uninstall AMD AHCI controller driver and replace it with standart microsoft driver...this helped me (AMD driver was dated from 2015 and I have ryzen + AM4 motherboard)

0 Likes
donarkaz
Adept II

Jump to solution

It's the drivers, not the cards themselves. And I'll be honest, it's mostly after the launch of Microsoft's Creator's Update that things went down the drain.

finalpaladinz
Adept I

Jump to solution

Just upgraded from 17.7.2 to the 17.9.1 driver and the mouse stuttering issue is now fixed for me.

Under Fixed Issues: "Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background."

Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.9.1-Release-Notes

My specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 + RX 480 8GB

Windows 10 Pro

Thank you AMD

relayer
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I also have installed 17.9.1 drivers and the mouse stuttering is gone on my RX480. Now to re-install my 2nd 480 and start trying to optimize Crossfire for my machine.

0 Likes