cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Monitors power off during DX11 games requiring hard reset - W10/R9 285/Crimson

Jump to solution

That's strange? Two of the test benches have UEFI bios and no problems with using Afterburner voltage adjustments but that's with a FuryX.

Are you using Afterburner 4.2.0? That version unlocked voltage for the newer AMD cards.

+80mV on a 380 what temperature is the card running at? Have you added water cooling to the GPU? That voltage bump is madness.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Monitors power off during DX11 games requiring hard reset - W10/R9 285/Crimson

Jump to solution

This is the extact situation with my msi r9 380, some games freeze and after that screen go sleep with no signal, in the same game and also far cry primal in northen region with snow and fire.

It's no hardware issue, it's a driver problem

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Same problem here.I have the r9 380 card.win 10 64-bit .First encountered in Fallout 4. Looks like several people have the exact issues with other games too. (GTAV,FFXIV,Far Cry Primal, Call od Duty , CS:Go ) .Always 285/380(Tonga) Other games are working great for me(Rift, Witcher 3, Borderlands2).The list of games with this issue is getting longer and longer each month .

different links to forums i have found :https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3v5120/r9285_randomly_crashing_black_screen_driver_crash/

Far Cry Primal Hard Freeze randomly causing me to hard reset PC | Forums - Page 21

MSI R9 380 PC crash on intense gaming.

https://community.amd.com/message/2711772#comment-2711772

and several more . For now iam testing the 15.11.1 CCC beta drivers .

havent found any answer from AMD anywhere or some working solution(15.11.1 driver still testing ,as the issue is sporadicall) . Dont even know if they are working on a solution , or they dont know that such a problem exists  ,or if they just dont give a **** . Anyway it looks like the problem is still not fixed after several months .

Oh the only thing i didnt try is to bump up the voltage . Dont wanna fry my card ,just because of some stupid driver bug.

edit : tested  also latest 16.3 crimson driver with power option on / off - both same issue. All old video drivers uninstaled in safe mode using DDU.

0 Kudos