cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

flg8or
Journeyman III

Monitor won't ENTER sleep mode after card installation

I just installed an AMD Radeon HD 5450 card in my computer with DVI, HDMI and VGA ports. I connected my 28" Hanns.G iF281 monitor to the HDMI and my small Dell monitor to the DVI. When hooked to an Radeon HD 5450 the monitor will never enter sleep mode.  It doesn't matter if my other monitors had turned off due to an idle timeout or if the computer was off, the Hanns.G iF281 will just stay on and display a cable disconnected message. I have used this monitor with several other computers over the years without this issue, so I know it's specific to this graphics card change. I see that someone had the same issue with Nvidia and came up with a registry fix, but I can't find any fix for my Radeon. If I can't fix this, I will have to return the card and get an Nvidia. Below is the link to the fix that someone else made. Thanks!

Fix for Hanns-G 28″ Monitor and NVidia GPU Sleep Mode Problem on Vista/7 « In My Travels

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eodeo
Journeyman III

Re: Monitor won't ENTER sleep mode after card installation

I have the same problem on my gtx 660 right now. The same problem I had on gtx 460 and amd 7950. My 42" tv wont go to sleep if its connected to the GPU via the HDMI.

You mention a registry fix for nvidia. Could you share it please?

0 Kudos
flg8or
Journeyman III

I included the link for the fix that I found for Nvidia in my first post that you replied to. It's the link under "Thanks". Please let me know if it works.

0 Kudos
eodeo
Journeyman III

Oh. I thought it might be something general, not specific to that one monitor. From what I can tell, that fix is specific to that monitor, that I don't have. Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
eodeo
Journeyman III

Every HDMI monitor and TV have that problem- only because some old and most plasma TVs cant handle full dynamic range and the sleep/wake signal.

Your screen probably has limited dynamic range as well. Check this out on how to fix it:

Correcting HDMI Colour on Nvidia and AMD GPUs - PC Monitors

Unlike sleep/wake signal- this problem actually has a fix. Both these problems because of some users have incompatible screens....

0 Kudos